BEARPEN Princeton Ski Bowl hike SUNDAY July 5

ciscokidciscokid expert
edited June 2015 in The Hook-Up Posts: 1,148
In order to possibly accommodate more of us I have changed the date to SUNDAY July 5.

Now, who can make it?

Prattsville diner 10 am

Comments

• njskibabenjskibabe intermediate
    I am still in! Looking forward to this trip. Might be able to check out several ski resorts in that area. Bring your cameras! This is going to be an epic old ski area tour.
  • JMaulJMaul advanced
    PM sent. Sorry, can't make it.
    You ski because even if you don't do it well, it's still a blast....
  • NELSAPNELSAP advanced
    Not sure if I'll be able to make it, but we shall see.
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    NELSAP said:

We will be having a SPECIAL guest of honor!

Jeremy will we be having this sky on the 5th?
    image.jpg
    2592 x 1936 - 1M
  • jamesdeluxejamesdeluxe novice
    I'm in -- looking forward to it!
    edited June 2015 Posts: 1,148
    Ok here's the scoop. I have a verbal commitment from Dr Ben Lane to be there!
    Talked to him extensively this week, what a great guy.

If at all possible you don't want to miss this. He will be hiking with us and is probably in better shape than some of us ( me at least) as an octogenarian.

He will show us exactly where all the trails were and lodge and take us to the true summit of Bearpen. Plan to spend most of the day. He said 10:30 would be better for him but don't be late.

As you can see we have Njskibabe, James deluxe and myself committed. Jeremy ( Nelsap)I told Dr Lane you would try to make it.

It's gonna be great!

Hopefully the accuweather is accurate

http://m.accuweather.com/en/us/prattsville-ny/12468/daily-weather-forecast/2128526?day=16

By the way, some of Princeton Ski Bowl land holdings are for sale if you want to buy a piece of ski history.
    The mercurial ThatNYguy is going to try to make.
    Yes Russ is alive and well
    Sorry James ;))

Any others committing? It's 2 weeks out
    **==

Even Mapnut is back on the fence and if I was a betting man I'd say Map will join us as well as JD

I'm going to ask Russ to bring his atv
    Btw, Dr Lane asked if I had a 4wd, apparently he knows how to get up there with a vehicle. So if anyone had a awd or 4wd with good ground clearance bring it just in case.

But it is a planned HIKE
    He might have to drive my fat a**

Accuracy weather reporting sure changes

http://m.accuweather.com/en/us/prattsville-ny/12468/daily-weather-forecast/2128526?day=15

NELSAP said:

Know yet JD?
    Well we are a week out and we have a nice small group expected but welcome more. I will call Dr. Lane midweek to see if he wants us to pick him and maybe his brother up or whether he will meet us there. He preferred 10:30 but try not to be late at the Prattsville diner.

Looks like heavy rains there this wkend so hopefully no bridge and road washouts. Hopefully we get a decent weather day. Dress for any type of weather.

If we have enough time we can have a get to know each other breakfast but we would like to honor Dr Lane's timeframe.

Pm me and I will give you my cell # if you have any questions.
    Bring a backpack with water, lunch, snacks, bug spray, lotion, etc. And of course cameras.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Couple/few ways to get up mountain, I'm sure Dr. Lane and or Russ will know best

http://www.greenehealthnetwork.com/hwi-walking-trails/prattsville/images/hwi-prattsville-map.pdf
  • JimKJimK advanced
    edited June 2015 Posts: 193
    Post some hike photos!
    Have fun.  I'll be here on July 4th.
    Uh oh, flash flood watch this morning

At least no hurricanes, looks good for Sunday