MLK Monday - Okemo? Mob Scene?

BetsyBetsy intermediate
7 year old has day off from school so will be heading to grandma's to drop off 3 year old and then head out skiing. Closest area to Grandma is Okemo. How much of a mobscene will Okemo be on the Monday of MLK weekend? Do most people ski Sat/Sun and drive home Monday? Would Bromley or Pico be better options?
Any NELSAPPERS feel free to join us!

Comments

• davekdavek novice

Hi Betsy!  Full disclosure, I work at Okemo!  That said, the Monday of MLK is very likely to be pretty manageable... Most folks view Monday as a travel day home, and if they ski at all, it's early in the day. The crowds are generally much lighter - busier than a typical non-holiday Monday, but not bad.  And, the resort generally runs most lifts on this day, so wait times can be very short or non-existent.

Hope that helps.

• BetsyBetsy intermediate
    Thanks Dave. I was thinking that by early/mid afternoon crowds should start thinning out. I think we'll plan on Okemo!
  • lotsoskiinglotsoskiing advanced
    Monday fine. Saturday mayhem
  • ski_itski_it expert
    When I first read this title for some reason I envisioned us all doing a SJ Flashmob at Okemo.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • JonniJonni intermediate
    Betsy - sorry to hijack you're thread, but would you know what Middlebury might look like on MLK Monday? For the first time in a long time I get that day off and may head down.
  • lotsoskiinglotsoskiing advanced
    Jonni- I don't mean to answer for Betsy, but I have gone to Midd on MLK weekend several times- always great. Saturday-Monday are fine. great alternative to the big places that are mobbed. Ditto President's Week(end). Will be crowded by Midd standards, but on an absolute scale it is very pleasant. Highly recommend it...
  • BetsyBetsy intermediate
    Jon-Funny you posted this because I just realized that my daughter also has Monday the 23rd off so we've scrapped our Okemo trip until then. Our new plan is the Snow Bowl on MLK day! So...lets meet up. Should be busy for Midd standards but  not crowded compared to the big guys.  The only time I've ever seen Midd mobbed is if there is a big ski race.
    If any NELSAPPERS want to meet up at the Bowl on MLK Monday or Okemo the following Monday let me know!
    ski-it - Flashmob? Lets do it! :)
  • JonniJonni intermediate
    No problem! We can definitely meet up at Midd. I'll message you through FB when we get closer (though you may want to remind me if I don't message you first). I won't be up for anything too crazy skiing-wise as it'll probably be the 3rd day out for me, but I'm definitely down for hooking up.