Crotched East - 01/01/2017

ski_itski_it expert
edited April 26 in NELSAP Forum Posts: 1,795
imageimage
ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
image.jpeg
3264 x 2448 - 3M
image.jpeg
3264 x 2448 - 3M

Comments

• lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    Mount 90 Degrees Off-Kilter :)]

Crotched E?

That's gotta be the summit bullwheel of the Crotched Hall t-bar!
  • AzSkiAzSki intermediate
    Agree with IBRAKEFORTBARS.
  • obienickobienick expert
    Likewise I agree. I think it's the angle of the deflection of the hall rope. It seems to be a pretty unique one.
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited January 2 Posts: 1,795
    Ok wise guys, the angle looks fine on my phone! Yes, I believe this is the lower T-bar at the original Crotched Mtn.

ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    IMG_4685.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
  • ski_itski_it expert
    You can see a this and a few old lifelines & trails. The roads are all marked private now. There are probably more condo units here than at the New Crotched. Couldn't see much of anything that I remember from the old area. Yardsales's possibly confusion over the old and new Crotched raises a question for me. I'll ask the judges & jury:
    Does skiing the now NELSAP Old Crotched East back when it was a lift served area, count as another ski area on my lifetime list? So many gray areas.....
  • Bill29Bill29 advanced
    I vote yes. Count it. The old Crotched was a different area with mostly narrower, twisting trails, as I remember them. It also had an upper and lower mountain with the base lodge separating them. The new area is built mostly on Bobcat/Onset (Joshua will correct me on this if more of the old Crotched is involved than  I remember) and, with wide,well-covered cruisers, is more fun, IMO. So add one more to your list, or maybe even two more if you skied Onset and rode that bubble chairlift.