Private poma/ t-bar off 91 North in VT?

2»

Comments

• djspookmandjspookman advanced
    mapnut said:

Thanks for the follow-up! If that's the location we found above, looks like the vertical is about 80 feet? 

yes, about 60-80, mostly really steep too.  It is indeed the location from above. Approv milemarker #77.2 on 91N.

D
  • Bill29Bill29 advanced
    Any idea who owns it, and whether it's still used? 
    Bill29 said:

Any idea who owns it, and whether it's still used? 

No idea on owner. It was not there last year.. so it's a fresh (fall 2016) install, as best I could tell.  Last time I passed there was late summer 2016 and it was not there!)
  • ski_itski_it expert
    NIce work. Ah man I drove right by there on the 18th and forgot to look. :(
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • mtsnow123mtsnow123 advanced
    Found this odd piece about a Grill on the Hill in Norwich: http://wikimapia.org/6981391/Grill-On-The-Hill
    mtsnow123 said:

Found this odd piece about a Grill on the Hill in Norwich: http://wikimapia.org/6981391/Grill-On-The-Hill

haha, love it!  Yes, in years past they've had a bunch of tables out there, makes sense now..
  • JMaulJMaul advanced
    Nice job on the pics. 

After we zero'd in on the area, I expected the lift line to go down in the ravine southwest towards the dwelling and outbuildings. Looks more west/east and the bottom is right off Goodrich 4 Corners Rd.

Looks like an upper-class homestead on the other side of Goodrich 4 Corners (tennis courts & in-ground pool show on aerial). I wonder if it is theirs.
    You ski because even if you don't do it well, it's still a blast....
  • Bill29Bill29 advanced
    Tables.Pig roaster. Maybe they should have called that hill Hogback.
  • njskibabenjskibabe intermediate
    Hey - any time you get some runs on the snow it counts!  Doesn't matter what the vertical is. :)
  • bousquet19bousquet19 advanced
    Well done, djspookman!  

This project has been fun to follow:  from your initial post, to multiple efforts to locate the site, through some healthy dashes of skepticism, to your confirming photos.  Wouldn't it be great to find out who the owner is, make contact, and wangle an invitation for SJers?

Woody
  • newpylongnewpylong expert
    I know the owner, but I'm sure you can find it put through tax records!
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Someone realized their dream!

Visitor memories Rocket?

Ski_it your good at poaching private areas
  • ski_itski_it expert
    I don't poach
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    ski_it said:

I don't poach

Sorry ski_it, didn't mean it

Would be cool if someone here could ski it.

I wonder how Jeremy got those pics on NE ski history
    ciscokid said:

ski_it said:

I don't poach

Probably from the road, just like I did. It's literally 30-40' feet from the town road. Really easy to snap shots from parked car..
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited April 3 Posts: 1,737
    ciscokid said:

ski_it said:

I don't poach

Sorry ski_it, didn't mean it

Would be cool if someone here could ski it.

And/or he may have asked permission.

I have my personal reasons or "guidelines" on how I count if I skied a ski area. Of course, gray areas arise, such as; the Old Mittersill accessed from Cannon, the original Crotched if it was connected to the current Crotched at the time & I'm sure there were others.

ISNE "Guidelines": 4 full hours of skiing or every open trail, no hiking up to access after hours, no skiing closed areas, no freebies (unless from a third party) and at least half the total trail count must be open. This all of course means no trespassing.