Hall/PHB Gondola cabin parts?

djspookmandjspookman advanced
edited June 2015 in Classifieds: Wanted Posts: 296
I know Lutsen just tore their gondi down.. but does anyone have any leads on Hall/PHB Gondola cabin parts? A friend is mid-restoration on his Gondi cabin and is looking for some specific items.

Thanks in advance!
Dave

Comments

• orangegondolaorangegondola intermediate
    Check with Stowe.  They had cabins as of the mid-2000's
  • djspookmandjspookman advanced
    Thank OG. This was a Stowe cabin originally. He was telling me yesterday that Stowe crushed and trashed the remaining cabins a few years ago.. ugh!
  • orangegondolaorangegondola intermediate
    Such a waste, they had like 50 of them in the woods
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Glad I got to ride the old girl 2 yrs ago

IBrake and I are possibly planning a western Upper Peninsula trip to Bohemia, Ripley for a Hall T Bar festival, Porcupine, Indianhead for more T bar action, Big Powderhorn, Blackjack, Whitecap for the most unusual lift in the Western Hemisphere according to Skiernet/ Gondyline, culminating at Lutsen for the new gondy.

These were taken in Austrailia
    image.jpg
    2592 x 1936 - 2M
    image.jpg
    2592 x 1936 - 2M
    edited July 2015 Posts: 296
    ciscokid said:

Glad I got to ride the old girl 2 yrs ago

IBrake and I are possibly planning a western Upper Peninsula trip to Bohemia, Ripley for a Hall T Bar festival, Porcupine, Indianhead for more T bar action, Big Powderhorn, Blackjack, Whitecap for the most unusual lift in the Western Hemisphere according to Skiernet/ Gondyline, culminating at Lutsen for the new gondy.

These were taken in Austrailia

Nice! my friend has actually been in contact with Lutsen to try and get parts....
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 881
    Ciscokid said

"Ibrake and I are possibly planning a western Upper Peninsula trip to Bohemia, Ripley for a Hall T Bar festival, Porcupine, Indianhead for more T bar action, Big Powderhorn, Blackjack, Whitecap for the most unusual lift in the Western Hemisphere according to Skiernet/ Gondyline, culminating at Lutsen for the new gondy."

I am VERY much looking forward to the U.P. road trip to hit all those MI, WI, and MN ski areas, especially Mt. Bohemia (that has got some AMAZING looking tree skiing) and Lutsen!!

IBRAKE

I believe that unusual lift at Whitecap is the gap double chair that goes between two peaks.

It's without a safety bar and here's hoping it spans some crazy air when traversing between the peaks! :O

M Brake, I seem recall the Loony Gondi had a 600 # limit.

I don't know if those old center poles would pass the CiscoBrake test!

But with all the fluffy lake effect we might enjoy the fall(s) :)>-
    Oh, I suspect all will be okay on those old center poles!
    edited July 2015 Posts: 1,244

I believe that unusual lift at Whitecap is the gap double chair that goes between two peaks.

It's without a safety bar and here's hoping it spans some crazy air when traversing between the peaks! :O

Most lifts here don't have bars

Much discussion on the Gap Hall double here. I can't get the pics to upload cause I refuse to join Facebook . Well maybe just a member of Skilifts.org.
    I'd love to see those 2 pics if someone can upload them. IBrake?

http://www.skilifts.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=3671&st=20

Much discussion on the Gap Hall double here. I can't get the pics to upload cause I refuse to join Facebook . Well maybe just a member of Skilifts.org.
    I'd love to see those 2 pics if someone can upload them. IBrake?

http://www.skilifts.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=3671&st=20

I can't open them, either. Anyone else have pics of the Whitecap gap chair?
    Don't worry M Brake , we will get mucho pics of all those areas on our trip. AND we WILL ride a HALL T Bar together eating eclair s!

I had a pic of the Hall T from Ripley from '08 but is in the lost SJ 1 files

Ok M Brake now research whether the Hall T at Porcupine is still there( had a pic, same as above), I think they may have taken it down recently. Porcupine State Park Mi may have info.

Then find pics of the T's at Indianhead.

Then ALL the lifts at Lutsen, that should keep you busy, I'm goin golfin with the wife
    Already checked on the Porcupine Hall t-bar as well as the Hall at Ripley and the Doppelmyers at Indianhead. One step ahead!

Have a great golf game.
    Lutsen will wait a bit.

In the meantime, behold the Whitecap gap chair's magical lattice tower straddling the two peaks! image
    image.jpg
    2208 x 1242 - 490K

Lutsen will wait a bit.

In the meantime, behold the Whitecap gap chair's magical lattice tower straddling the two peaks! image

Behold You're DA MAN!

A Hall with lattice! We gotta get there

Ok check on Brule you sluth
    And a pic of any of the above named T Bar's would be dynamite
    I miss my SJ 1 pics
    Is the T still up at the Porkies?
    Shot a 43
    M brake check this out, you too Mapnut

The videos show the t bar loaded w people

http://trailgenius.com/trail-genius-map/mont-ripley

Lutsen will wait a bit.

In the meantime, behold the Whitecap gap chair's magical lattice tower straddling the two peaks!

Woah! Lattice tower Hall! I want to ride! :-O
    - Sam
    Anyone interested in the Hall t-bar at Porcupine in the U.P? :Dimage
    image.jpg
    2208 x 1242 - 418K
    Hey..Thx for hijacking my post...;) I am enjoying though!
    Yea why aren't we on your thread I brake?

:)>-

Hey..Thx for hijacking my post...;) I am enjoying though!

Well I thought it had been long enuf that no one posted( June 18) so I decided to get it back on the front page. I can't help it IBrake gets side tracked from PHB's to T bars and center poles and lattice towers. What do you expect from a Buckeye?
    ;)) :)>- [-X X_X ^#(^
    Expect one thing from a Buckeye: national championships! :D

JK! I'm an Orangeman first and foremost! Besides, Michigan, Michigan State, and Wisconsin all have storied football and basketball programs very worthy of respect.
    Djspookman, my apologies for hijacking your thread. Ciscokid's right: all it takes is the mention of a certain lift somewhere and I take the thread on a wild goose chase!

Djspookman, my apologies for hijacking your thread. Ciskokid's right: all it takes is the mention of a certain lift somewhere and I take the thread on a wild goose chase!

It's all good! It's been rather amusing!

Loon cabins auction this fall

You can ride them this summer yet

http://www.lutsen.com/gondola/