New McDonalds Commercial

casual_weekdaycasual_weekday intermediate
in NELSAP Forum Posts: 57
I couldn't find the video, but I saw the new McDonalds commercial seemed to be filmed at Smugglers notch. not 100% sure, but the all green hall double chair and a logo on a jacket looked about right. Highlighted the "behind the scenes" staff. groomers, snowmakers, etc.
Ski it or die trying

Comments

• mtsnow123mtsnow123 advanced

I couldn't find the video, but I saw the new McDonalds commercial seemed to be filmed at Smugglers notch. not 100% sure, but the all green hall double chair and a logo on a jacket looked about right. Highlighted the "behind the scenes" staff. groomers, snowmakers, etc.

I saw it last night during Jeopardy. Couldn't put my finger on what resort, but I'll take a closer look when I see it again.
  • abubobabubob advanced
    edited January 24 Posts: 104
    abubob said:
    That's not the commercial. It has a snowcat in it.
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited January 24 Posts: 1,651
    I saw it once but didn't catch where it was. It's one of those Good Morning commercials isn't it? I'll have to DVR it
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • lysikjakelysikjake intermediate
    I saw it as well and tried looking for it. Can't find it anywhere!!! Best commercial I've ever seen.
  • ski_itski_it expert
    Must have been some cold McMuffins as the closest Mickey Ds must be over a half hour away.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    Speaking of commercials, there is a new cartoon Jay Peak Ski Resort commercial and it is pretty cheesy. I will try to find it.
  • teighsteighs intermediate
    It is Smugglers Notch, it is not new, it is a re-airing of one produced a few years back.  Nice to see McD's thinking about recycling...

• lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    Just saw it- definitely Smuggs
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited January 26 Posts: 1,651
    Ok we've all mentioned many commercials on SJ, but I can't find them online. Are there any Ad Men here? I don't understand why anyone with a commercial wouldn't want it all over the intranet. For example, On McDs site you have to login to view their videos. Why Santa Claus, why????
  • NELSAPNELSAP advanced
    Just saw a super bowl commercial for Ford, that also had a Hall double chair in it, looked like Smuggs too.
  • lysikjakelysikjake intermediate
    NELSAP said:

Just saw a super bowl commercial for Ford, that also had a Hall double chair in it, looked like Smuggs too.

First thing I noticed was that lift!!'
  • djspookmandjspookman advanced
    edited February 6 Posts: 300
    lysikjake said:

NELSAP said:

First thing I noticed was that lift!!'
    Same here! I'm not sure that one is smuggs though.. Although it is a later hall double ( like the madonna 2 chair at smuggs)
  • teighsteighs intermediate
    The Ford superbowl commercial is not Smugg's.  Trees look like pines not spruce, and there is no footrest.
  • JMaulJMaul advanced

Yeah. Ford not Smuggs'. 

As for the OP commercial, my research found nothing.

You ski because even if you don't do it well, it's still a blast....
    ford hall double.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 476K
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited February 6 Posts: 1,651

On the McD's you can see a logo on the their jackets for a split second the first time they show the workers. I couldn't say if it is Smuggs. They have a monocolor blue or green version of this logo too.

and for some reason I can't upload the logo image this morning.....not loving it....so u'll have to look it up yourselves..

ski_it said:

On the McD's you can see a logo on the their jackets for a split second the first time they show the workers. I couldn't say if it is Smuggs. They have a monocolor blue or green version of this logo too.

and for some reason I can't upload the logo image this morning.....not loving it....so u'll have to look it up yourselves..

The logo is Smuggs, 100% sure.
  • newmannewman advanced
    Maybe that Hall in the Ford commercial is someplace near Detroit.