The Most Useless Pods in New England

13»

Comments

• lysikjakelysikjake intermediate

lysikjake said:

It just struck me.  There is one at my home ea.  The Zero-G lift at Crotched Mountain.

1. It hardly ever operates
    2. Even when it operates, hardly anyone uses it or the park it supports (except for a couple of scheduled events).
    3. The rope speed is ridiculously slow (I'd estimate no more than 200 feet per minute)
    4. The park is probably the worst of the three parks at the mountain
    5. It takes an incredible amount of snow to support the features built on it

Doesn't require lots of man made. Just as much as any other trail. There are dirt mounds built into the slope so it doesn't require as much snow.
    You must not have seen the whales they put on it (despite the rolls) year after year.  Check it out at the end of the season when most of the mountain has melted out: You'll see what I see! 
    I'm a snowmaker at crotched. We make 20ft piles on almost every trail.
  • joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert
    lysikjake said:

lysikjake said:

It just struck me.  There is one at my home ea.  The Zero-G lift at Crotched Mountain.

1. It hardly ever operates
    2. Even when it operates, hardly anyone uses it or the park it supports (except for a couple of scheduled events).
    3. The rope speed is ridiculously slow (I'd estimate no more than 200 feet per minute)
    4. The park is probably the worst of the three parks at the mountain
    5. It takes an incredible amount of snow to support the features built on it

Doesn't require lots of man made. Just as much as any other trail. There are dirt mounds built into the slope so it doesn't require as much snow.
    You must not have seen the whales they put on it (despite the rolls) year after year.  Check it out at the end of the season when most of the mountain has melted out: You'll see what I see! 
    I'm a snowmaker at crotched. We make 20ft piles on almost every trail.
    I know, Jake.  But the 20 foot piles are actually used on most of the other trails.