Vail to buy Stowe!?! Smugglers Notch next?

Comments

• lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    Has been a rumor for a while, and the visits of late may mean something is happening. I can't see Vail going for Smuggs, but who knows... May result in a tunnel under the Notch? You heard it here first... ;))
  • casual_weekdaycasual_weekday intermediate
    Disappointed but not surprised. Vail seems to be buying up anything they can get their grimy hands on and turning it into a clone of vail itself. They'll ultimately cause the end of diversity among resorts/ski areas. Stowe is no big deal to me, its already built up with crazy prices, but Smuggs? Usually it stays quiet and the main mountain has a great throwback vibe. sad news for me.
    Ski it or die trying
  • joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert

Has been a rumor for a while, and the visits of late may mean something is happening. I can't see Vail going for Smuggs, but who knows... May result in a tunnel under the Notch? You heard it here first... ;))

Ah yes.  With Trump in office, maybe the Mexicans can pay for it  ;))
  • pagamonypagamony advanced
    edited January 27 Posts: 116
    screw the tunnel.  build a gondi with a midstation in the notch and terminals at each base.

edit:  Genius - the Trump ski tax.  We can tax all those other countries that don't have ski areas just because we can.  
  • NJSkiNJSki advanced
    edited January 27 Posts: 265

Careful. Opening the door to mixing politics and skiing.

That should work out well.

• bmwskierbmwskier advanced
    Quick search shows the same rumors flying about with the same sources. 
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
  • mtsnow123mtsnow123 advanced
    My friend who works at Stowe says that Vail has been sending representatives to assess and review the resort over the past few weeks.
  • mtsnow123mtsnow123 advanced
    edited January 29 Posts: 285
    Follow up: It's official, Vail is buying Stowe. Last word I heard, the press release will be coming out tomorrow, Monday (1/30).