Rope Tows as Beginner Lifts

2»

Comments

• casual_weekdaycasual_weekday intermediate
    edited February 6 Posts: 59
    West Mountain replaced one of their tows with a used carpet around 2005. The other tow is still there but hasn't run in several years. However I live around the corner from the place and haven't been since 2013, so it could be running now.
    Ski it or die trying
  • lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    Cochrans has a rope parallel to the t-bar. Not a beginner lift. Beginner lift is a handle tow, not a rope.
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited February 6 Posts: 1,740

They used to have 3 ropes. One on top, one next to the T-bar and one way over to the right past the handle tow in the beginner area. Whether those outer 2 are still there IDK.

Edit: Now looking at skimap.org I'd have to say lotsoskiing is right and those 2 are gone.

ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    They have a rope above the slopes, but has not run in years. They have plans to extend the t-bar about 100 yds uphill- woods are cleared for it, and also bring base down to the snowmaking/timing building
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    edited February 7 Posts: 1,486
    Caberfae only remaining rope tow is its beginner lift. Rode it Saturday after skiing down Shelter up to the Skyview lodge. Had 5 tbars and FIFTEEN ropes at one time.

Attendant at topimage

No attendant at bottom image
    IMG_0908.JPG
    4032 x 3024 - 2M
    IMG_0884.JPG
    4032 x 3024 - 2M