Eaton Mountain Open Next Weekend

in NELSAP Forum Posts: 1,926
Even though it has previously been stated that Eaton will not be open for skiing this season, they have announced that they will be open this weekend!

http://www.eatonmountain.com
- Sam

Comments

• ciscokidciscokid expert
    Dave retracted? Skiing next week?
    Get there Sam!
    ciscokid said:

Dave retracted? Skiing next week?
    Get there Sam!

For $15 I'd probably check it out if I was in the area, but I've already committed to Sunapee next weekend.
    - Sam
  • rickbolgerrickbolger expert
    Hey that's great news, thanks for posting
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited February 9 Posts: 1,651
    Well the tows are there so it's probably the expense of lift attendants and grooming the lower bowl. When I was there 95% of the clientele were tubing.
    With what would be lift served right now it is a great novice area in terms of vertical and open empty areas.
    Ok I'm not saying I would drive from NYC to learn to ski, but if I lived anywhere near I'd go there before the big hills and save some big $$.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • yardsaleyardsale intermediate
    My wife grew up in Waterville and learned to ski at Eaton.  Good story here.  Her brother owed their parents $100.  My wife wanted "new" skis for Christmas. Her parents forgave her brother's $100 debt but took his skis and regifted them to my wife.  Plus a trip to the Colby College ski swap for some boots and she was in business.  circa 1980.  Her dad still lives in the same house on Drummond Ave.  She had never been to Sugarloaf until we met in college. It was too far of a drive to Sugarloaf from Waterville.  I would love to ski at Eaton as I never have.  But it is too far a drive from the So Shore of MA to Eaton.  I wish it had coincided with a trip to visit her dad. Good luck to Eaton.  
  • ski_itski_it expert
    Great story. Yes a long drive from down here. I wish I'd been there when the upper Mtn was lifted served.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA