Blue Hills Friday, Feb 10, 2017

ChuckstahChuckstah advanced
edited February 12 in NELSAP Forum Posts: 330
Free tickets for Blue Hills, Canton Ma this Friday, 2/10.  Pre register, while they last.  See you there for a likely powder day!

Comments

• rickbolgerrickbolger expert
    hey that's pretty cool!    FWIW best conditions I had in the east last season was an unexpected February snowstorm at BLUE HILLS!
  • ciscokidciscokid expert

hey that's pretty cool!    FWIW best conditions I had in the east last season was an unexpected February snowstorm at BLUE HILLS!

Where was your pictured trip report to share?
  • ChuckstahChuckstah advanced

If 12-16 inches come through, it may very well be my best conditions so far this season.

Where was your pictured trip report to share?

I'll try to take a few pics and post a quick report if it's good

• ski_itski_it expert
    I had heard it was good for the first 250 people. Ah to be retired
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    Friday morning turned into a fun, windy morning at Blue Hills.  I arrived before 9am, and picked up my free lift ticket.  Thanks Fox 25 news!  Only Big Blue and Patriots were open from the summit as Beers Bluff and Chuute were closed for snow making.  Yes, an all out assault was in action on Beers Bluff, with hoses dragged from Big Blue, and on Chute with hoses dragged through the woods from Patriots.  There were also a few spot guns on Big Blue later in the morning.  Conditions were variable, but good, with a combo of windblown drifts, PP, and hardpack where all the snow was blown off. Some short trees off Patriot were in play for a bit of fun in the trees.  It was quite cold and windy so only a couple of pics to follow.  Fun morning.
    The double and snowmaking on Beers Bluffimageimageimageimage
    Looks great Chuck thanks for pics, may I suggest dating the title (edit) to add date for future reference

Anything free is great but with bluebird and some fresh it's super. Looks like a fun day

What brand chair is that first pic?
    ciscokid said:

Looks great Chuck thanks for pics, may I suggest dating the title (edit) to add date for future reference

Anything free is great but with bluebird and some fresh it's super. Looks like a fun day

Hall originally from Ski Valley, RI
    - Sam
    ciscokid said:

Title changed, thanks for the suggestion, and NES13  already answered your question.  And it certainly was FUN!
    Mid '60s vintage?
    Used to seeing the solid type up top, this is almost Poma or CS looking
    We've got a quad out here ( Cannonsburg '65)by Hall similar to this double up top. Saw pics of the longest chair in the Midwest at Whitecap Wisconsin that I hoped to ride( "one of the most bizarre lifts in the Western Hemisphere ") that is the same design.
    Mid '60s vintage?
    Used to seeing the solid type up top, this is almost Poma or CS looking
    We've got a quad out here ( Cannonsburg '65)by Hall similar to this double up top. Saw pics of the longest chair in the Midwest at Whitecap Wisconsin that I hoped to ride( "one of the most bizarre lifts in the Western Hemisphere ") that is the same design.
    It looks like a 1978 install At Blue Hills,  with an original 1971 install at Snow Valley.

edited February 15 Posts: 1,367
    Would have loved to ski this at Whitecapimageimage

Sorry to change subject and ski area, is this the old Millicent lift at Brighton Utah?image

Yup
    http://www.chairlift.org/brighton.html

Hall chairimage
    IMG_0940.JPG
    337 x 450 - 24K
    edited February 12 Posts: 1,367
    Cannonsburg Mi Hall quad image

Im sorry that's a 1976 install, not a '65

http://www.skilifts.org/old/install_na1976.htm
    IMG_0941.JPG
    1024 x 768 - 400K
  • rickbolgerrickbolger expert
    Thanks for the report!

:)] :)]

PS:  Kudos to Cisco for posting so many photos with proper orientation!!!   
    :D
  • AzSkiAzSki intermediate
    This was a very convenient place for me to ski when I lived near Boston.  Sure wish there was a place here near Phoenix where I live now.