McIntyre Ski Area, NH Trip Report Sat. 2/11/2017

ski_itski_it expert
edited February 13 in Trip Reports Posts: 1,293
New England this weekend
ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
2017_02_11 (24).JPG
2448 x 3264 - 2M

Comments

• edited February 13 Posts: 758
    McIntyre?

McIntyre?

That definitely is McIntyre.
    - Sam
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited February 13 Posts: 1,293

McIntyre?

That definitely is McIntyre.

Definitely is. After skiing Gateway Hills we headed north. While driving thru the S curves of Manchester a car was coming up the entrance ramp in front of us. There was an inch or two of slush there and they did a 180 in front of us coming within inches of the guard rail. We all stopped safely. Passing the spinout we saw that the front end of the car was already banged in, and they had not contacted anything in this spinout. We continued on and before we even got off the highway in the next mile that same car passed us.

We used one of our Warren Miller BOGOs $32 for two. It was Mrs. Ski_it's first time skiing the Mighty Mc. There was still a foot or more deep powder along the sides of the trail under the lift, so we made good use of it. Some kids were in the glades but the base under the powder in there looked suspect to me so we stayed out. They had a Big Air comp earlier in the day and still had that trail sort of fenced off. Kids were still going thru the starting gate and hitting the jumps so we followed and skied the sides which still had untracked corduroy at 4 pm. You could also slice left into the next trail under the lift and hit some untracked powder at the top. The tubing area was going strong too.  

Again my Ski Tracks app failed to record any runs although this area is between 170-200 ft vertical.      :(

imageimageimage
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    IMG_4839.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    IMG_4836.jpg
    2448 x 3264 - 1M
    IMG_4837.jpg
    2448 x 3264 - 1M
  • MrMagicMrMagic intermediate
    I recall one year they buried an old mini van in the terrain park for kids (and me) to jump over and on too. Pretty unique feature. Great report as always