Berkshire East Sat 18th

NELSAPNELSAP advanced
in NELSAP Forum Posts: 150
Hi all, I will be over at Berkshire East this Saturday. If anybody is interested in making some runs, let me know. JD

Comments

• rickbolgerrickbolger expert
    Hey that's great, was planning to be there.  Expecting Trackbiker as well
  • mapnutmapnut expert
    I plan to come! Looking forward to seeing you guys.
  • NELSAPNELSAP advanced
    Look forward to seeing everyone! Meet at 10am base of Mountain Top Triple.
    I will endeavour to be there at 10 am.  Staying up in West Dover.  
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Looking forward to a New England ski it like trip report with many pictures
    Looking at snow report, everything open!  getting excited!   Hemlock -- is this a new trail? 
  • NELSAPNELSAP advanced
    Hemlock is a lot of fun - it was widened several years ago. It is one of my favorites with an excellent view!
  • mapnutmapnut expert
    I skied BE last Saturday. A bit more snow since then and with time to catch up on the grooming, everything should be good. Plus sunny skies and mild.
  • ski_itski_it expert
    Thanks for the invite NELSAP. Unfortunately we had already made plans. Enjoy!!
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • bousquet19bousquet19 advanced
    Wish I could join the gang tomorrow.  Looks like a great day, and I know there'll be fine company and good conversation.

Enjoy,
    Woody

• NELSAPNELSAP advanced
    For those going- I have a coupon, good for up to 4 people, for $60 tickets per person. If you want to use it, let me know below and meet me at the triple at 945-950 to get it. Jeremy
  • mapnutmapnut expert
    I get the senior rate, $45 - my first year!
  • hrstrat57hrstrat57 novice
    IMHO Hemlock is one of the best trails in NE....
  • bubblecufferbubblecuffer advanced
    I may have to do this.  Hemlock eh?  I don't spend much time over there, perhaps I should.  Always have loved Lifeline, UMass, Mohawk, lots o' character in Berkshire East runs.
    Well? Report with pics of course
  • bubblecufferbubblecuffer advanced
    It was one of the days where it was challenging to find anything wrong...sunny, warm, supreme conditions, awesome company, uncrowded.  Berkshire East, at its absolute finest.  

Every trail was skiing as premier as I have ever found.  It's tough to highlight any particular trail as being better than the other as they were all in stellar shape.  The summit quad shut down temporarily but we were content riding the triple anyhow. Morning packed powder gave way to afternoon wet powder, but not yet corn.  

It was my first time meeting other SJ'ers so there was a lot to discuss.  I'll let the photos speak for themselves...
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    ski-liftline.jpg
    3024 x 4032 - 3M
    ski-exhibition.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
    ski-umass.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
    unmarked-glade.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
    ski-blizzard-island.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
    ski-quad.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 4M
    ski-triple.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 4M
    ski-liftlines.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
    ski-competition.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 2M
    ski-jeremy-glade.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
    ski-group.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 2M
    ski-competition2.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 2M
    ski-beer.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 2M
  • bousquet19bousquet19 advanced
    Hi Guys!  

What a day for SJ at BEast!  From what I see, I agree: how could anyone complain?  Thanks for the photos and report, Bubblecuffer.  Glad you got out on the slopes with an SJ group.

BTW, I'll be going to BEast with my son on a Sunday about a month from now.  The 2-for-1 coupon I have will work only M-F, but I did snag a one-person ticket with a discount card I bought.

If anybody knows where I can find another discount on an adult Sunday ticket, I'd sure appreciate knowing about it.

Thanks,
    Woody
    Nice, nice!!!
    As Rick would say thanks for the report.
    Boy you two on the left haven't aged a bit( Rick I see see you succumbed to a helmet to hide your hairdoo)
    Mapnut your just the same mild mannered reporter I always took you for.
    Bubble thanks for the exuberant pictured report.

As Dicky V would say "awesome baby"!!
  • trackbikertrackbiker intermediate

Nice seeing Jeremy and mapnut again and meeting bubblecuffer. Sorry I wasn't able to hookup with you guys after lunch. My daughter and her fiancé showed up around 12:30 and I was skiing with them. They're both intermediates and don't ski the steep stuff much.

Conditions got a little sticky after lunch but then dried out and firmed up around 3:00. Always enjoy Berkshire East. A great option for a holiday weekend or any weekend.

edited February 21 Posts: 1,061
    my stats on the day were 16 runs, 11.8 vertical.  

Berkshire East skis bigger than it is, some of the runs feel as if you're doing more vertical than what it really is.

Enjoyed Hemlock but people kept getting in the way.  My favorite is the big wide one front and center.

Good time, pleasure meeting bubblecuffer and finally got to ski with mapnut!   :)] :)]

PS: Bubblecuffer suggested we put helmets on for the photo, I have him to thank for that!!