Comments

• ciscokidciscokid expert
    Amazing indeed!
    Too bad he's not at Caberfae, I'd buy him a martini
  • JMaulJMaul advanced

When asked about the key to his longevity he will always give the same answer, Lawson said.

The three ingredients: A good wife, only drinking the best quality liquor and picking your parents carefully.

Great for him. I can only hope.

You ski because even if you don't do it well, it's still a blast....
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited February 18 Posts: 1,653
    Finally someone I could beat in a slalom...maybe.
    Why hasn't he been in the news 5 years earlier?
    I bet if he was from NH some one would object to him skiing free at Cannon.
    Wait....I have more
    That's blankety blank amazing
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • TreillyTreilly advanced
    I was at Crystal today. Here is a sign for his reserved parking spot
    IMG_0232.JPG
    4032 x 3024 - 2M
  • joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert
    edited February 18 Posts: 1,717
    Treilly said:

I was at Crystal today. Here is a sign for his reserved parking spot

That is very classy on the part of Crystal.  Nice to know that I can hope for another 35 (or so) seasons of skiing ahead of me.
  • AzSkiAzSki intermediate
    I sure hope I can still ski 30 years from now like he has done!!!  I'm sure going to try.

• bubblecufferbubblecuffer advanced
    I love this and pray that I can experience the delight of skiing at any advanced age.  

BTW, somewhat of a thread hijack but I'm a firm believer that anyone over ~75 should not pay to ski at a resort.  This was a long standing tradition a many resorts that is now being broken.  How do people feel about this?
  • TreillyTreilly advanced

I love this and pray that I can experience the delight of skiing at any advanced age.  

BTW, somewhat of a thread hijack but I'm a firm believer that anyone over ~75 should not pay to ski at a resort.  This was a long standing tradition a many resorts that is now being broken.  How do people feel about this?
    Crystal Mtn, Mi gives a discount from 60-79 years old and 80 and older ski for free
  • Bill29Bill29 advanced
    Lloyd Lambert, who was a ski writer from upstate New York, started the ski clubs  for older skiers. I can't remember if the first group was 65+ or 70+. I think it was 65+ That was long ago. I met him when he and I were members of the Eastern Ski Writers Assn.
    He tried - and succeeded - in getting free or reduced-fare skiing at lots of ski areas for that age group. As more and more older people kept on skiing and those age groups grew, and as ski areas looked for more revenue, the minimum age for those freebees went higher and higher.
    Seniors get a break on daily ticket and/or season passes at most areas, but, not many areas give free or reduced prices for old folks, at least not anyone younger than 70 or 80. I guess a few state-run areas, like Cannon and perhaps some other places, do. I think Crotched gives free skiing to 80-year-olds and older. There are lots of old-timers still on skis, which I think is nice, freebees or not.
  • AzSkiAzSki intermediate
    McIntyre and Otis were free for old timers when I lived in New England but now(over 70) I ski free here at the AZ Snowbowl.