Lost Ski Areas of the Berkshires Update

NELSAPNELSAP advanced
in NELSAP Forum Posts: 183
Hi everybody,

Quick update on the book -

I'm finding many more areas than I anticipated - at least 15 that were not on NELSAP! Most were brief rope tows. I am likely changing the book to be titled Lost Ski Areas of the Berkshires and Western Pioneer Valley, and then do another one on Central Mass and the Eastern Pioneer Valley in the future. What you do think of that?

The Charlemont areas are nearly complete - I found a previously undocumented one (you'll have to read about it in the book) as well as finished Snow White and Sawmill Hill. Now on to Chickley.

I'm likely not including the original Thunder Mtn as a lost area - as it was lost for a few years, it reopened with the same name, same trails, same location, which eventually became Berkshire East.

JD

Comments

• Bill29Bill29 advanced
    Sounds good. Lots of rope tows in Central Mass, too. And one, in Spencer, served by specially-rigged flatbed trucks.
  • bousquet19bousquet19 advanced
    Can't wait to see the finished book, Jeremy.  Reducing the geographic area will allow you to do justice to areas W of the CT River.

Woody
  • joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert

Can't wait to see the finished book, Jeremy.  Reducing the geographic area will allow you to do justice to areas W of the CT River.

Woody
    +1