Specifically what trail(s) and kind of lift is this? Ciscokid(3/4/17)

ciscokidciscokid expert
in NELSAP Forum Posts: 1,255
Taken 7:30 am 3/4/17image
IMG_1013.JPG
4032 x 3024 - 892K

Comments

• ciscokidciscokid expert
    Updated pics 8:20imageimage
    IMG_1017.JPG
    4032 x 3024 - 893K
    IMG_1016.JPG
    4032 x 3024 - 896K
    No idea the trail but that lift appears to be a centre pole riblet quad.

IBRAKE

IBRAKE

IBRAKE

Yes it is a center pole Riblet quad Ibrake4tbars, next to a Tbar your favorite.

Hint, '77 install

Now to confuse things here's another lift

Extra credit if you guess both lifts by name
    Liftimage
    IMG_1020.JPG
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
    Is this at the same area?

I would not have guessed there was a t-bar in the top two pics. It's hidden in the trees? If it's a 77 install there's a chance it's a Hall install.

I would not have guessed there was a t-bar in the top two pics. It's hidden in the trees? If it's a 77 install there's a chance it's a Hall install.

No

No there are no tbars here, just cpq's
    Same area
    ciscokid said:

No

Same area
    Now I'm confused: I thought you said there was a a t-bar in the pic.....or did you mean that, next to t-bars, centre-pole quads are my favourite lifts?

ciscokid said:

No

Same area
    Now I'm confused: I thought you said there was a a t-bar in the pic.....or did you mean that, next to t-bars, centre-pole quads are my favourite lifts?

ciscokid said:

No

Same area
    Yes next to tbars cpq's, you did the "you know you want to ride a center pole quad" from I believe Wisconsin recently, didn't you?

No tbars here , same area of many "firsts"

Later in day around 2:15 est from a slightly diff angle
    Also a completely free lift of costimage
    IMG_1037.JPG
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
    Hmm. Lesse now: a triple with hanging sheaves a la Borvig and towers that look like Roeblings. I'm taking a stab in the dark and say it's a Partek.
    edited March 4 Posts: 1,255

Hmm. Lesse now: a triple with hanging sheaves a la Borvig and towers that look like Roeblings. I'm taking a stab in the dark and say it's a Partek.

Yes alas my friend it is Borvig according to skilifts.org

And excuuuse me, the cpq is a '73 install and not '77

Now name first of all the ski area, then the specific name of the first early morning pic( trail(s) which coincidentally coincides with the lift name)

Then name the Borvig lift( beginner lift free of charge)

I have multiple additional pics of this historic, innovative, aggressive area to add this evening once solved
    A 8 pm shotimage
    IMG_1054.JPG
    4032 x 3024 - 2M
    ciscokid said:

Yes alas my friend it is Borvig according to skilifts.org

And excuuuse me, the cpq is a '73 install and not '77

Now name first of all the ski area, then the specific name of the first early morning pic( trail(s) which coincidentally coincides with the lift name)

Then name the Borvig lift( beginner lift free of charge)

I have multiple additional pics of this historic, innovative, aggressive area to add this evening once solved

Those chairs look like Riblets, but with Borving grips. Everything else looks Borving.
    - Sam
    Name this old lift at same areaimage
    IMG_1039.JPG
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
    Another center poleimage
    IMG_1049.JPG
    4032 x 3024 - 1M
    ciscokid said:

That is a Riblet double chair with bail style chairs. The grip inserted into the cable gives it away.

Riblet chairs are my favourite aerial ride up a mountain next to classic lattice chairs. Because the grip is inserted into the cable the ride up is extremely smooth. No slight bumping when passing over a tower.

Stumped at which area you're at. Was going to say Nubs Nob but I don't see that Poma chairlift with the floating bullwheel.

IBRAKE

Will leave a detailed pictured report tonight5/5 after skiing and disclose if needed
    edited March 7 Posts: 1,255
    OK the first few early morning pictures are Super Bowl at Boyne mountain (fis racing trail)we stayed at the mountain run condos.
    Then The beginner triple chair is a free beginner lift and we stayed at the mountain villas , the lift is called Boyneland. The older lift with the Lattice looking Equipment is the hemlock double which was I believe the very first lift at Boyne . The center pole quad is the Victor above the building.

I have a full picture report to follow this evening

Hemlock double. May have been the original Single purchased from Sun Valley and then changed into a double with Heron.imageimageimage
    IMG_1040.JPG
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
    IMG_1041.JPG
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
    IMG_1044.JPG
    4032 x 3024 - 2M
    Ibrake4tbars Thanks for being my guinea pig
  • lysikjakelysikjake intermediate
    Hate riblets
    ciscokid said:

Ibrake4tbars Thanks for being my guinea pig

:D :D :D
    ciscokid said:

American Steel and Wire?

http://www.skilifts.org/old/images/resort_images/mi-boynemt/hemlock/hemlock.htm
    lysikjake said:

Hate riblets

For being so " wealthy " Boyne sure has a lot of old lifts, 3 center pole quad Riblets, 2 Riblet triples, and 2 center pole doubles ( Dopplemayr ?)all from the '70s era.

Only the first high speed six pack( Dopp) is from early '90s, with the newest lift being a Conveyor belt high capacity fixed grip quad that is about 10 yrs old that replaced the Meadows quad( the first quad in the world)

http://www.skilifts.org/old/mi-boynemt.htm
  • obienickobienick expert
    lysikjake said:

Hate riblets

Why? They're well-built, smooth chairs.  I'd ride a Riblet any day.  Sad they never get a detachable grip designed.
  • obienickobienick expert
    Is the tension terminal left over from the single? That doesn't look like original Riblet construction. It does have many Riblet parts tacked on though.
  • lysikjakelysikjake intermediate
    obienick said:

lysikjake said:

Hate riblets

Why? They're well-built, smooth chairs.  I'd ride a Riblet any day.  Sad they never get a detachable grip designed.
    They are well built. I just don't like how they decided to be different from everyone else about their grip assembly's. Instead of a clamp they are woven into the haul rope. Makes it difficult to work on.