Ski Sundown CT 3-6-2017

sugarloafsugarloaf expert
edited March 7 in NELSAP Forum Posts: 768

Area skied: Ski Sundown, Connecticut

Date skied: March 6th, 2016 from 10-12pm.

Surface conditions: Packed powder, hard-packed, loose granular.

Weather: Cobalt blue, temperature 27F at 10am and 38F at 12pm.

I decided to ski locally yesterday after 15 days at Mount Snow this season. Ski Sundown is about 35 miles away from where I live and had made snow in March for the first time that I can remember. Yesterday morning was clear and cold so I decided to ski there to take advantage of their 2 hour weekday ticket. The mountain was closed last Thursday and Friday so they could make snow 24/7 and they made an impressive amount of snow. Most trails have 2-4' of base and it;s 6' + in a few areas.

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

Comments

• sugarloafsugarloaf expert
    Gunbarel Enterance:

posted image

Gunbarrel Top:

upload gambar

Gunbarrel looking up:

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

• sugarloafsugarloaf expert
    Please delete this thread.

• ciscokidciscokid expert
    sugarloaf said:

Please delete this thread.

Why? Looks like a nice report and day?