Ski Sundown, CT 3-6-2017

sugarloafsugarloaf expert
edited March 8 in NELSAP Forum Posts: 716

Area skied: Ski Sundown Connecticut

Date skied: March 6th, 2017 from 10-12pm

Surface conditions: Packed powder, hardpacked, loose granular.

Weather: Cobalt blue, temperature 27F at 10am and 38F at 12pm.

I decided to ski locally yesterday after 15 days at Mount Snow this season. Ski Sundown is about 35 miles away from where I live and had made snow in March for the first time that I can remember. Yesterday morning was clear and cold so I decided to ski there to take advantage of their 2 hour weekday ticket. The mountain was closed last Thursday and Friday so they could make snow 24/7 and they made an impressive amount of snow. Most trails have 2-4' of base and it's 6' + in a few areas.

Gunbarrel Entrance:

posted image

Gunbarrel Top:

upload gambar

Gunbarrel looking up:

image uploader

Nor' Easter:

free picture upload

Exhibition:

free image uploading

Temptor:

free image host

Looking up Temptor:

image upload no size
limit

Deep cover on Satans Stairway:

post img

Sundown:

image hosting no sign up

High Speed Quad - A ski lift that enables a skier to rapidly get from the front of one lift-line to the rear of another.

Comments

• sugarloafsugarloaf expert
    edited March 7 Posts: 716
    I am reposting this here again as it came out wrong with the SJ edithor.

High Speed Quad - A ski lift that enables a skier to rapidly get from the front of one lift-line to the rear of another.

• ski_itski_it expert
    Wow, both the impressive coverage and 15 days at Mt S
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    edited March 8 Posts: 966
    Ok now I see why wasn't this Walt S place? ? Mt Snow)
  • sugarloafsugarloaf expert
    edited March 8 Posts: 716
    ski_it said:

Wow, both the impressive coverage and 15 days at Mt S

The snowcat grooming Satan's Stairway actually got stuck trying to get up the trail while mowing down the 6' high snowmaking whales. I just hope they use this base to ski past St Patrick's Day weekend, which I heard may be the end of the season.