Was it a great weekend.

Bill29Bill29 advanced
in NELSAP Forum Posts: 225
With the last storm, the skiing must have been terrific all over New England and the northeast. I drove by Wachusett last Friday - Friday, mind you - and all the parking lots were full. And so was the mountain. Lots of wearing of the green, of course. I wasn't around on the weekend, but on Monday the upper parking lot was full. What was it like where you were?

Comments

100% open for closing weekend at Bradford! It was very busy and there were a number of events both days. A warm, sunny Sunday afternoon was a perfect end to the season and everyone was having a good time.
    - Sam
  • mtsnow123mtsnow123 advanced
    I rode Stowe last Friday and Sugarbush last Sunday. Stowe was absoutely amazing. All terrain was spectacular, except for areas that snow was pushed due to the wind. The underlying ice base was exposed, but you had to look for it to find it. It was sunny all weekend long. Sugarbush was highly variable on Sunday as it was a tad warmer. Mount Ellen was riding very well, but the North Ridge Express is closed for the season to have its engine replaced. We took the Slide Brook Express across (forgot how high off the ground you get) to Lincoln and rode all over that side. The Gate House side was mashed potatoes, whereas Super Bravo side was packed powder. Overall, one of the better weekends and weeks all season.
  • SpruceSpruce intermediate
    Last Saturday-Cannon-off the charts.  Power outage and all.
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited March 22 Posts: 1,588
    Plymouth Notch was jammed Saturday 25-75 people max. I was the sixth car in the lot at 9:30. The runs had tons of untracked 8-12" powder most of the day.

Sunday at Mt Snow was pretty busy, especially compared to two weeks ago, but not crazy busy. The Bluebird was probably to 2/3 to 3/4 queue at peak. I'm not sure as I skip it until late. The trails were 99% open.

Let me add that I stayed in Ludlow (Okemo) and the traffic jam passing Okemo was huge. The whole downtown area Sat. Nite was busy.

To me it was a great weekend. Beautiful snow, weather and skiing.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • CannonballCannonball advanced
    Cannon was fantastic both days. Besides the good skiing, it was the first real weekend for sitting out on the deck with a beer. There were a lot of people taking advantage of that!

I didn't ski Loon, but did have some conversations with Loon skiers at the bar Saturday night. They were all grinning ear to ear
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Yes it was a great weekend even here in the Midwest I had my first tailgate luncheon with Ted and Jim and crew at Caberfae and it just worked out great even though we had no real natural snow per say it was good skiing conditions with good company and just a great most likely last day of skiing to end on a great note but we will see everything is closing up here in Michigan by April 2 so will give it one more try perhaps but yes it was a great weekend even here in the flatlands
  • bubblecufferbubblecuffer advanced
    Sunday River on Friday, mind blowing.  Wachusett was also excellent on Sunday.  Looking outside here in Sterling MA at 8:15AM on Wednesday and it is snowing cats and dogs.
  • joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert
    As I mentioned on the Killington thread, it was a 99+ percentile weekend there.
  • sugarloafsugarloaf expert
    Yes it was a great weekend even here in the Midwest I had my first tailgate luncheon with Ted and Jim and crew at Caberfae and it just worked out great even though we had no real natural snow per say it was good skiing conditions with good company and just a great most likely last day of skiing to end on a great note but we will see everything is closing up here in Michigan by April 2 so will give it one more try perhaps but yes it was a great weekend even here in the flatlands

Doesn't Ski Brule go really late into April?

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

• Bill29Bill29 advanced
    The great weekend and predicted cold weather is leading to positive thoughts, at least at Wachusett. At the annual W.O.T.S. (Wachusett Old Time Skiers) well-attended cookout Wednesday (Mar.22) Jeff Crowley said that if the cold weather holds up, the area could run a week or more into April. The annual slush pond competition is April 2, but he said management (basically that's him, his brother Dave and his sister Carolyn) is considering staying open, perhaps with Thursday-through-weekend skiing.He also said they are planning to improve lighting on the mountain with LED replacing what is there now. He said it also will be less expensive. BTW, the cookout was pushed indoors this year.Temps were a bit below freezing and you don't want cold burgers and fries.
    Have any other areas, especially in southern New England, talked about changing closing dates? 
  • sugarloafsugarloaf expert
    Ski Sundown is usually closed by this time, but they have no definite date announced yet.

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

• RemskiRemski advanced
    Pico was in super shape Sat. All the trails were open that had lift access. Glades were skiing well but got thin around noon. Crowded for Pico with 5 min or more lift waits on the quads at times.
    Good crowd at Ragged Sun. and again excellent pkpd. Some glades were open but I didn't venture in cover to thin for me. The line for next seasons passes was 10 deep all day. $249. Until April 2. No blackouts.
    Remski said:

Pico was in super shape Sat. All the trails were open that had lift access. Glades were skiing well but got thin around noon. Crowded for Pico with 5 min or more lift waits on the quads at times.
    Good crowd at Ragged Sun. and again excellent pkpd. Some glades were open but I didn't venture in cover to thin for me. The line for next seasons passes was 10 deep all day. $249. Until April 2. No blackouts.

I'm headed up to Pico for the first time this weekend. Hopefully conditions will still be great.
    - Sam
  • becca_mbecca_m advanced
    Was also at Plymouth Notch Saturday - untouched powder EVERYWHERE under bluebird skies - SO FREAKING SWEEEEET   A day i won't forget for a LONG time!!!   :)
    becca_m said:

Was also at Plymouth Notch Saturday - untouched powder EVERYWHERE under bluebird skies - SO FREAKING SWEEEEET   A day i won't forget for a LONG time!!!   :)

I suppose you don't have some. Sweet pics for us?
    Ski_it only gave us 2

A pictured report from Pico would be great too

I enjoyed Jeremy's Sugarbush pictures
    Boy that trail looks sweetimage
    IMG_1177.JPG
    936 x 527 - 283K
    ciscokid said:

becca_m said:

Ski_it only gave us 2

Don't worry, you'll get a pictured Pico report from this weekend.
    - Sam
  • ski_itski_it expert
    ciscokid said:

becca_m said:

Ski_it only gave us 2

Don't worry, you'll get a pictured Pico report from this weekend.
    I tried to post more but my Home Comcast is down
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • SP5SP5 novice
    Great weekend I was at Bolton valley on Saturday, place was packed and the lift attendant I was talking to all day said it was the most crowded he had seen it all season. 64 out of 71 trails were open and all lifts were spinning, great day overall!
  • newmannewman advanced
    Remski said:

Pico was in super shape Sat. All the trails were open that had lift access.

Really? So they didn't run lifts like Little Pico, Outpost, or Triple? That's sad on a Sat after a storm. Pico again reigns as the forgotten step child in corporate skiing.

• RemskiRemski advanced
    Just Little Pico wasn't running.