Mount Snow 3-23-2017

edited March 2017 in NELSAP Forum

Area skied: Mount Snow, Vermont

Date skied: Mach 23rd, 2017 from 9:00am - 1:100pm.

Weather: Cobalt blue, temperature 20F at 9:00am - 27F at 1:00pm

Surface conditions: frozeuroy, machine groomed, packed powder.

Sorry for the late post as I have been buzy since skiing on Thursday. What a day Thursday was though with crystal clear skies and frigid temperatures for late March. The cold was so intense that even south facing trail sections stayed packed powder in the afternoon. Groomer was really firm first thing in the morning, but Long John transitioned into squeaky cold packed powder. Fallen Timbers was great with no ice at all. The worst run of the day ironically was Snowdance with large areas of ice cookies and icy sections.

Crowded Lodge Trail:

Sunbrook:
images upload
Sunbrook #2
upload
Beartrap:
screen shot pc
Coopers Junction Intersection:
pic host
Long John:

Mobbed Ridge Trail:
host image
Ego Alley:

Fallen Timbers:

Northface View:
f

Mineshaft:
screen shot on windows

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

Comments

• Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

• Wow I never knew mount snow was so crowded excellent work fine display
  • Shhh don't tell anyone about ego alley,
    Nice report & pics. If you like skiing mid week Wildcat is $9 next Friday. Oops u have a pass don't ya? Well everyone else then , the Cat $9
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • ski_it said:

Shhh don't tell anyone about ego alley,
    Nice report & pics. If you like skiing mid week Wildcat is $9 next Friday. Oops u have a pass don't ya? Well everyone else then , the Cat $9

Vivid memory of skiing the Cat with my boarding little brother 1/05 with him on his butt and the splendid views down the almost 3 mile green trail

Ski_it can we get 50 pics from the Cat?( a new record)image
    IMG_1220.JPG
    4032 x 3024 - 2M