Storm?

lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
in NELSAP Forum Posts: 665
Last gasp coming- forecasts calling for a foot+ in S. VT up through Sugarbush/MRG Friday to Saturday. Saturday will be nice, though snow will be heavy. Fat skis and snowboards will work nicely

Comments

• Bill29Bill29 advanced
    Interesting storm. In Central Mass they're talking about four to six inches of snow, possibly changing to sleet and rain, continuing into April 1.
    I remember something similar was predicted in 1997. But there was no changeover then. It started to snow on March 31 and when it ended on April 1 we had 33 inches of snow on the ground in Worcester. It's called the April Fool's Day blizzard. It wasn't a real blizzard, but it was a hell of a lot of snow.
    Chances of that happening again are pretty slim. But this is New England so we'll see.
  • bubblecufferbubblecuffer advanced
    White Mountains will see at least 10" from this.  Hoping to ski on Monday in NH but not sure who is going to be open.  Thoughts?
  • slathamslatham advanced

Last gasp coming- forecasts calling for a foot+ in S. VT up through Sugarbush/MRG Friday to Saturday. Saturday will be nice, though snow will be heavy. Fat skis and snowboards will work nicely

Might not be the last gasp, especially up north. Pattern remains favorable. April can deliver!
  • RemskiRemski advanced
    edited March 30 Posts: 326
    Bubblecuffer, all the big White Mountain areas are still operating at least thru Easter Sun. and Mt. Sunapee. My picks would be anything along I-93 and of course Wildcat!
  • casual_weekdaycasual_weekday intermediate
    what if this is just a big April fools prank on snow lovers... 
    Ski it or die trying
  • lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    From MRG weather blog: Same ideas on snowfall today and tonight only better. 6-12 near the base and 12-18 closer to the summit
  • bubblecufferbubblecuffer advanced
    Remski said:

Bubblecuffer, all the big White Mountain areas are still operating at least thru Easter Sun. and Mt. Sunapee. My picks would be anything along I-93 and of course Wildcat!

Thanks. I know they were closed last Monday and Tuesday, just hoping they don't do that next week.
  • ski_itski_it expert
    IMHO Wildcat has been doing that lately in the spring. Even on Patriots day when they have snow they've been closed. Call them
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • obienickobienick expert
    Wildcat was allegedly getting ice while the valley and WV were getting snow.
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Totals by you? No jokes please
  • lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    17 at Sugarbush
  • ski_itski_it expert
    Looks like 6 or so here in ManchVegas
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • bmwskierbmwskier advanced
    About 7" here in Montpelier. 
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
  • sugarloafsugarloaf expert
    1" of sleet overnight here in Enfield with light snow falling this morning. Today's snow makes 7 straight months of snowfall in N CT.

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.