Closing Dates 2017

124»

Comments

• MadPatSkiMadPatSki intermediate
    Bill29 said:

MadPatSki, that May holiday in Canada (do they still call it Queen Victoria Day?) used to - and probably still does - bring lots of Canadians to Tuckerman Ravine on Mt.Washington. It always was a weekend that was a lot of fun. They were a wild bunch.

Yes, it is.

Victoria Day is Canada.
    Jour des patriotes in Québec. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriote_movement)
    Used to be called Jour de Dollar after this guy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Dollard_des_Ormeaux) but renamed for something most nationalist a few years ago.
    Also known in French, as Jour de la Reine (Queen Day - Queen being Victoria), but not many Royalists in Québec.

Stay tune for my update...no surprise it's still K and MSS.

Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    For those that are still looking to ride lifts this weekend, here is my latest update:

May turns to V: Victoria and Very Hot – Eastern Closing Thread 2017 – Part 8
    Ski Mad World
  • joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert
    I notice that while Superstar is still t2b, we'll be riding the lift skis-off and getting back on at the bottom with some walking this weekend.
    MadPatSki said:

May turns to V: Victoria and Very Hot – Eastern Closing Thread 2017 – Part 8
    ***Update: Friday May 19, 3:00pm: The MSS crew couldn't save the snow; the heatwave killed St-Sauveur season this week. MSS's last day was Saturday May 13.
    Ski Mad World
  • RemskiRemski advanced
    That sucks, but all good things must come to an end.
    Mad PAT you always do us an excellent service, Thank you. If you are interested in skiing the snowfields, you know where, I'll be heading up there Memorial Day wknd on the best weather day of the of the three days. Keep an eye on the " where are you skiing or riding this wknd" blog for the day I'll be up there and maybe we can hookup!
    Remski.

Remski said:

That sucks, but all good things must come to an end.
    Mad PAT you always do us an excellent service, Thank you. If you are interested in skiing the snowfields, you know where, I'll be heading up there Memorial Day wknd on the best weather day of the of the three days. Keep an eye on the " where are you skiing or riding this wknd" blog for the day I'll be up there and maybe we can hookup!
    Remski.

Funny, you're the second one to invite me to MTW for that weekend (unless you're the same person with a different alias from another ski forum - lol)

We're driving towards Toronto for the long weekend as I type... I went to the Passport office to renew my passport (it was expiring on next Tuesday), it should be ready to be picked up before next weekend. I'm thinking maybe K on Friday and MTW a few days later. Nothing set in stone, just thinking as I type. Mind you I wanted to ski 2 days last weekend on my return trip to Montreal, but that didn't happen.
    Ski Mad World
  • RemskiRemski advanced
    this the only blog I'm on. Hope we can hook up. Bon temp en Toronto!