Middlebury College Snow Bowl - Closing Day - Apr 2 2017

BetsyBetsy intermediate
edited April 3 in NELSAP Forum Posts: 65
Closing day at the Snow Bowl was a great one! Lots of sun and lots of snow! Needed to stick to the steep stuff today in order to get any momentum. Ross, Allen, Proctor, Cameron all skied great! Backside not open today.  The last day of the season is "fun day" for kids who took lessons throughout the season. Tootsie roll race, face painting, costumes, etc.  Another fun season at the Bowl!

Pic 1 - Can't remember but I think looking at Voter
Pic 2- Allen
Pic 3 - Overlooking Voter
Pic 4 - Tootsie Roll race on Lang
IMG_5985.JPG
640 x 480 - 117K
IMG_5983.JPG
640 x 480 - 122K
IMG_5988.JPG
640 x 640 - 182K
IMG_5980.JPG
640 x 480 - 116K

Comments

• ciscokidciscokid expert
    Nice Betsy, sad seeing places close w so much snow
    Might want change the date to the 2nd

Liked your pictures of Glen Ellen with JD a couple else back( well I guess JD took them)
  • BetsyBetsy intermediate
    edited April 3 Posts: 65
    good catch on the date!
    It is sad to see it close with all this snow. Its hard to justify staying open when the crowds don't come out to support it (though you rarely see a crowd there).Also,  the Snow Bowl closes this early in part because operations move down to campus to get the golf course ready!
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Betsy said:

good catch on the date!
    It is sad to see it close with all this snow. Its hard to justify staying open when the crowds don't come out to support it (though you rarely see a crowd there).Also,  the Snow Bowl closes this early in part because operations move down to campus to get the golf course ready!

A year ago today I skied NubsNob and we had 3-4" of fresh on top of a 3-4' base, closing day. Discouraging!

I may have to hit the ball if I'm out that way. Sugarbush has a Greg Norman course.