Attitash Saturday 4/8/2017

ski_itski_it expert
edited April 9 in Trip Reports Posts: 1,737
Before & afterimageimage
ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
IMG_3977.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 4M
IMG_5220.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 1M

Comments

• ciscokidciscokid expert
    Nhamp?
  • ski_itski_it expert
    ciscokid said:

Nhamp?

Yep

ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited April 9 Posts: 1,737
    Saturday 4/8/2017 partly cloudy Temps around 35-39. Snow showers all day. Machined groomed primary wet granular secondary 96% open. It was frozen on top with corn snow lower down. They said no new snow in 7 days but I'm not sure that was accurate as there was plenty of untracked. But it was a tad stiff crusted powder. If they had more skier traffic those trails would have been great too. Still some intrepid souls mostly boarders broke some down a bit by late day making them more accessible to us mere mortal skiers. The place was close to empty.
    We were actually headed to another area but at the fork in the road headed here. It sounds like we made a good choice because around noon we talked to several groups who left that mountain to come here. Frozen solid, windy, horrible were common adjectives used to describe their morning. Here it was mostly a soft layer of an inch or so and high speed cruising down the groomers.
    They have an amazing amount of base and could easily stay open another week or two if they wanted too.
    Last clue This area has two in use mid stations
  • bobbuttsbobbutts advanced
    what is Nhamp?
    I think the mtn is Attitash
  • ski_itski_it expert
    I assumed he meant New Hampshire.
    Yes it is Attitash. I'm over at the other place now and it is not horrible today
  • lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    Cranmore?
  • ski_itski_it expert
    ATTITASH. Cranmore was already done for the season. And now Attitash is too
    imageimageimageimage
    IMG_5238.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    IMG_5243.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 944K
    IMG_5234.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    IMG_5239.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 1M
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Wow that's amazing conditions out here in the flatland of 72° right now play golf yesterday what a difference 800miles makes and a little altitude of course
    Nice report and pictures by the way
  • ski_itski_it expert

Here you can see how bad I ski

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzXJNw_biqw