Bretton Woods Monday April 17th 2017

ski_itski_it expert
edited April 18 in Trip Reports Posts: 1,806

Monday April 17th 2017. No doubt many SJers past & present were there too?

What a difference 8 days of 70-80° weather makes.

:(( :( :((

ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
IMG_5275.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 2M

Comments

• lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    Waterville Valley?
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Cat
    Or B W
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited April 18 Posts: 1,806

Hmmm sounds like you know...

And looking the other way down the hill.

Looked like 5-6 feet of base around that gun.

imageimage
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    IMG_5274.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    IMG_5277.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    Bodes BW?
  • rickbolgerrickbolger expert
    or McIntyre's
    I think I see the golf course and the bottom of the big hotel we're all the bigwigs met years ago at the top of the picture I am going to stick with Brettonwoods but what is wrong specifically but definitely Brettonwoods been there done
  • rickbolgerrickbolger expert
    Agreed.  McIntyre's is the trail next to Bode's, has more tree islands -- at least that's what I recall
  • bobbuttsbobbutts advanced
    Trail sign for "Perimeter" confirms BW
    Wow Ciscokid has been quick with the trigger lately for East Coast curious got Oak Mountain right couple weeks ago I don't know nowhere Poncho has been but yeah good memories at Brettonwoods wasn't sure for sure if it was Boadies run but I've been down that one so it looked kind of familiar far as McIntyre
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited April 18 Posts: 1,806

Sorry meant to say, correct. It's Bretton Woods and Bode's Run too. And I'll confess to going over a rope too. Well actually under. The rope was 10+ feet high on one side of the trail and angled down across it, so...I figured it was fair game. It was real narrow in one spot but perfectly skiable in those conditions. The bottom was open via crossovers.

Bretton Woods Monday April 17th 2017. Patriots Day $17.76 (if they knew their history it would be $17.75) plus a free voucher for next early season. 3 lifts, IIRC 33 of 62 trails. 40-50°F mix of sun and clouds, moderate winds. Top to bottom. Rosebrook Summit chair was open. Few moguls around. Deception Bowl, Darby's Drop, Watertank & Upper Express trails were open but fairly flat. Darby's may have had the most "bumps". Run of the day upper Bode's Run. Some people were in shorts, short sleeves or kilts. Others were in full face masks. I removed my liner, hat, used my glove liners and that was good for me. 

There was some snow on ground once we hit the notch and points north on 302. Elsewhere it is quite bare now. Upper Cannon looked skiable. Lower Cannon & Loon not so good.

Pictures or too cloudy?

I'm starting to look over golf courses at ski area s if I come east. what courses are best value in Vt?

Do I get an attaboy reward for guess?

Yea ski it, hard to compete w Jims pics, but you and Sam are still #1 in my album
  • ski_itski_it expert

Wow, there was 3 posts as I was typing that.

"Wow Ciscokid has been quick with the trigger lately for East Coast"  Yes he has...did JMaul teach you a few new tricks?

"Do I get an attaboy reward for guess?" Good boy! Although your choices were considerably narrowed, if you consider it was open & in New England. But still nice job.

Sorry no more pics. I saw Jim was posting pics and got discouraged. Actually I figured ya'll had seen enough of this place. Most of the Presidential Range was in the clouds until late. One more pic at a farm in Sanbornton where we stopped for some yummy pancakes and fresh maple syrup.

Can't help with the golfing choices as I don't golf. If I can't do something really well I don't do it...oh wait..then why do I ski??  

IMG_5272.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
  • RemskiRemski advanced
    You ski because even if you don't do it well it's still a blast.
  • ski_itski_it expert
    Remski said:

It must be. Why else would we get up at o'dark thirty, drive 3 hours half asleep, then punish our bodies for 4-7 hours then drive home 3 hours half asleep. 
  • JMaulJMaul advanced
    Remski said:

Thanks for the new signature......
    You ski because even if you don't do it well, it's still a blast....