Lyndon Outing Club 4/22/2017

edited April 23 in Trip Reports Posts: 1,797
I stopped by the base of another ski area to take a few photos today. This would be easy if you've skied here, so please give a chance to those who've never been here first.image
- Sam
image.jpeg
1920 x 1080 - 377K
«1

Comments

  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Posts: 1,232
    One of these
    But which one?⛷⛷⛷⛷


    http://www.skibum.net/new-england/maine-ski-areas/
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Posts: 1,232
    I'll guess this one

    image
    IMG_1326.JPG
    500 x 766 - 105K
  • Posts: 1,797
    It isn't Big Rock
    - Sam
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Posts: 1,232
    Ok is it in Maine?
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Posts: 1,232
    Hermon?
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited April 23 Posts: 1,548
    Okay I wont guess but that ski bum link lists Bauneg Beg Ski Area, North Berwick. I've looked for this place 3 times and as far as I can tell it's long gone. Anyone know?
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • Posts: 1,797
    ciscokid said:

    Hermon?


    Not Hermon and not in Maine
    - Sam
  • Posts: 1,797
    ski_it said:

    Okay I wont guess but that ski bum link lists Bauneg Beg Ski Area, North Berwick. I've looked for this place 3 times and as far as I can tell it's long gone. Anyone know?


    It closed in 2007 and the handle tow was sold to Mount Jefferson. The main slope is now pretty overgrown. Here is the best view of it that I could get via Google Streeview and on satellite imagery:

    imageimage
    - Sam
    image.jpeg
    2048 x 1333 - 972K
    image.jpeg
    1237 x 1334 - 425K
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Posts: 1,232
    The only Ford Quint rd I'm finding is near Sanford Maine

    Ski it help!!

    I enjoyed learning about most of the maine ski areas last night and looking them up on the map ,it's a big place and it has a lot of retro tbar areas ,ski it and Sam I envy you guys
  • edited April 23 Posts: 1,797
    ciscokid said:

    The only Ford Quint rd I'm finding is near Sanford Maine

    Ski it help!!

    I enjoyed learning about most of the maine ski areas last night and looking them up on the map ,it's a big place and it has a lot of retro tbar areas ,ski it and Sam I envy you guys


    It is near Sanford in North Berwick.

    In case you're confused Bauneg Beg is not the answer to the "Guess This Area".
    - Sam
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Posts: 1,232

    I thought you said it was not in maine
    http://www.nelsap.org/me/beaver.html
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Posts: 1,232
  • Posts: 1,797
    ciscokid said:

    That is Bauneg Beg which Ski It was referencing. The ski area that the photo I took is a different area which is not in Maine.
    - Sam
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Posts: 1,232
    Ok start over, tricky or confusing. Not in Maine
    I'm out
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Posts: 1,232
    Ok NH, Quebec, or NB?
  • lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    Posts: 559
    Franklin, NH, Veteran's Mem?
  • Posts: 1,797

    Franklin, NH, Veteran's Mem?


    Not Veteran's
    ciscokid said:

    Ok NH, Quebec, or NB?


    It's in New England
    - Sam
  • ski_itski_it expert
    Posts: 1,548
    Northeast Slopes
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    edited April 23 Posts: 1,232
    ski_it said:

    Northeast Slopes

    northeast slopes is open right?

    Lost in '07 but mowed with picnic tables, in New England but not Maine

    JMaul? Help I'm dazed and confused
  • ski_itski_it expert
    Posts: 1,548
    It's still runs. Someone did a 2017 trip report
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • bobbuttsbobbutts intermediate
    Posts: 80
    I think you guys are right, the tow and the contours of the slope match up here with the google street view.

    image


    2017-04-23_124804.jpg
    2027 x 1431 - 442K
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Posts: 1,232
    ski_it said:

    It's still runs. Someone did a 2017 trip report

    Well if ski_it doesn't know who does?( unless he's just playing along w Sam)

    I'm getting frustrated, help please?

    On way back from Fort Kent with a lot of snow to warmer southern climes w no snow to where I believe Sam lives in NH

    Ok so the Ford Quint road pics are the same area as the top lost/ mowed area w picnic tables or not?
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited April 23 Posts: 1,548
    I'm not 100% sure. I've only been there twice & I'm bad at these. It would way out of the way coming back from Kent so I was thinking Titcomb but that's Maine and I don't recall a rope
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    Posts: 559
    Not NE Slopes. Tow towers and background do not match, and I skied NE Slopes this year (and did trip report).

    I don't think OP said this place was closed...
  • Posts: 1,797
    No correct guesses yet. This ski area is operating and is in New England, but not Maine. I live in northeast Mass, but this area was not on the way back from the Fort Kent area.
    - Sam
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Posts: 1,232
    So let me try getting de confused after I just woke from my Sunday afternoon nap.

    Let's get the facts straight

    1. Are all pictures of the same ski area?
    2 you say the area is not in Maine but yet the pic says Ford Quint rd which is near Sanfordwhich is in Maine
    3 you say the area closed in '07( lost) but now it's open

    I'm still just as confused

    If I didnt put that Canadian pic in that Searchmont thread you'd all be searching yet but I don't have the patience.

    From Fort Kent to northern Mass there's only a million areas
    Give someone from the true flatland some straight facts and clues
    I'm going to watch Anne Shirley of green gables to de stress

    I did enjoy studying the map and the Maine areas though open on skibum.
  • Posts: 1,797
    ciscokid said:

    So let me try getting de confused after I just woke from my Sunday afternoon nap.

    Let's get the facts straight

    1. Are all pictures of the same ski area?
    2 you say the area is not in Maine but yet the pic says Ford Quint rd which is near Sanfordwhich is in Maine
    3 you say the area closed in '07( lost) but now it's open

    I'm still just as confused

    If I didnt put that Canadian pic in that Searchmont thread you'd all be searching yet but I don't have the patience.

    From Fort Kent to northern Mass there's only a million areas
    Give someone from the true flatland some straight facts and clues
    I'm going to watch Anne Shirley of green gables to de stress

    I did enjoy studying the map and the Maine areas though open on skibum.


    Only the photo in the first post is the ski area that is being guessed. Ski It mentioned Bauneg Beg which is a small area near Sanford, Maine which closed it 2007. There was a brief discussion about it, but it is not related to the ski area which is being guessed.
    - Sam
  • ski_itski_it expert
    Posts: 1,548
    I told you I was bad at these. I never recall giant truck tires anywhere. How about Lyndon?
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Posts: 1,232
    Ok sorry about the confusion , thanks for clarification

    Is it the reopened area near Berlin NH?
Sign In or Register to comment.