2»

Comments

• RemskiRemski advanced
    Is it Indian Head in Mass.
  • BetsyBetsy intermediate
    Lyndon Outing Club
  • edited April 23 Posts: 1,835
    ski_it said:

I told you I was bad at these. I never recall giant truck tires anywhere. How about Lyndon?

Correct! Because they don't have any snowmaking there was no snow left on the trails. Here are a few more photos:

imageimageimage
    - Sam
    image.jpeg
    1920 x 1080 - 416K
    image.jpeg
    1920 x 1080 - 368K
    image.jpeg
    1920 x 1080 - 366K
  • ski_itski_it expert
    It's near Burke in Vermont Cisco. Close to St Johnsbury. I skied it at nite. See my SJ1.0 TR
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    edited April 24 Posts: 1,241
    ski_it said:

It's near Burke in Vermont Cisco. Close to St Johnsbury. I skied it at nite. See my SJ1.0 TR

Would love to see your sj1 report, can you repost like the Lonesome?

Wow 80 years old !

http://www.skilyndon.com

http://www.nelsap.org/vt/loc.html

Appology's to anyone offended by my attitude
    So that's the abandoned rope tow in your pic Sam? Any pics of the tbar from Stowe?image

Can't tell from Betsy's pic above, is that a t bar or rope tow, looks like a tbar in Sams pics.
    What year did LOC get it from Stowe? What brand?
    IMG_1330.JPG
    504 x 378 - 40K
    I'm not sure about the brand, it's different than anything I've seen. The first picture was of the rope tow and two others showed the T-bar.
    - Sam
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited April 24 Posts: 1,559
    Not by your attitude but how do you keep doing those double quote reposts? You know you can edit those out, right?
    Anyway, it looks like the abandoned rope tow is just to the left of the Tbar and they are used as light towers now. The existing rope is way, way over to the left. You can see the top terminal in NES13s middle pic in the 3 he posted together above
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    I apologized and I edited out my double repost at 5:30 in the morning.actually apologized yesterday, sorry
  • ski_itski_it expert
    Dude that's a lot of apologies. Not necessary..it's all good. It was just that some of these posts are getting hard to read imho with all the quotes esp when they include the pics all over again. And again. Just my opinion.
  • djspookmandjspookman advanced
    I drove right past this for the first time over the weekend too! Cool looking little area!
  • bobbuttsbobbutts intermediate
    Wow, nice challenge.  I should have seen the red flags before wrongly confirming northeast slopes.
  • ski_itski_it expert

I found my trip report. It stinks.  I know I had written a better one somewhere.... Epicski users take heed.

"Lyndon Outing Club 1-16-2010

You guys are good! Bad pictures and all. Rope tow to
    left and T-bar on right. T-bar gets a little dark and lonely in the middle at
    night.

There was still some powder left on top and sides. Expected a few more people
    there considering how warm for up there it was, like 25F. It's fairly steep for
    a small hill. Skied some nice powder/crud down from the face as the kids stick
    to the rope tow which only goes up 1/3 of the way."

Today's Recollections: I had stopped at Lyndon a couple times before apres skiing Burke but it had not been open. I recall passing a tank at a VFW or something like that, more than once on the way there from Burke. This was a Dad and Lad trip. We skied some pretty good snow at Burke for early January then went night skiing at Lyndon. We had dinner at a family style restaurant in Lyndonville (I can't recall the name) that always has plenty of sleds parked outside. There were only a few people skiing the T. Skier's left was unlit so I missed that except near the bottom. My son had a great time helping some other kids build some features and riding the rope. About halfway up the T-bar there were no lites except for one at the top & no moon. This was perhaps one reason the kids stuck to the lower rope. My night time X-C experience paid off here. I did record that it cost a whopping $12 bucks for me. The next day we skied Kanc & Loon.

imageimageimageimageimageimage
    Lyndon_01_16_2010 (0).JPG
    3648 x 2736 - 2M
    Lyndon_01_16_2010 (1).JPG
    3648 x 2736 - 2M
    Lyndon_01_16_2010 (2).JPG
    3648 x 2736 - 2M
    Lyndon_01_16_2010 (7).JPG
    2736 x 3648 - 2M
    Lyndon_01_16_2010 (8).JPG
    3648 x 2736 - 2M
    St_Johns_01_16_2010 (1).JPG
    3648 x 2736 - 2M
    Doesn't stink to me dude, actually a very good memorable time spent with your son.

Has your son boarded with you and Mrs ski_it lately?

Don't know how you resurrect these oldies but keep 'me coming, enjoyable, thanks
  • ski_itski_it expert
    Yep a couple times and he went with his sisters a couple other times. We gave him one of those Peak Pass Ski four different areas get one free for Christmas only available at the Ski Show. $150. For his freebie they said his first trip at Attitash wasn't in the computer. But Mt S customer service came through and very nicely honored it.
  • hrstrat57hrstrat57 novice
    ski_it said:

I found my trip report. It stinks.  I know I had written a better one somewhere.... Epicski users take heed.

"Lyndon Outing Club 1-16-2010

You guys are good! Bad pictures and all. Rope tow to
    left and T-bar on right. T-bar gets a little dark and lonely in the middle at
    night.

There was still some powder left on top and sides. Expected a few more people
    there considering how warm for up there it was, like 25F. It's fairly steep for
    a small hill. Skied some nice powder/crud down from the face as the kids stick
    to the rope tow which only goes up 1/3 of the way."

Today's Recollections: I had stopped at Lyndon a couple times before apres skiing Burke but it had not been open. I recall passing a tank at a VFW or something like that, more than once on the way there from Burke. This was a Dad and Lad trip. We skied some pretty good snow at Burke for early January then went night skiing at Lyndon. We had dinner at a family style restaurant in Lyndonville (I can't recall the name) that always has plenty of sleds parked outside. There were only a few people skiing the T. Skier's left was unlit so I missed that except near the bottom. My son had a great time helping some other kids build some features and riding the rope. About halfway up the T-bar there were no lites except for one at the top & no moon. This was perhaps one reason the kids stuck to the lower rope. My night time X-C experience paid off here. I did record that it cost a whopping $12 bucks for me. The next day we skied Kanc & Loon.

imageimageimageimageimageimage
    Man I just love places like this! Solid gold stuff right here!