Words not generally used on snow journal but very much so on other websites

ciscokidciscokid expert
in NELSAP Forum Posts: 1,255
I have been called many things in my lifetime but I can probably count on one hand the amount of times I have been assimilated with the word dude ,what words on other ski sites do you see that are not generally used Here on snow journal .

Not that there is anything particularly wrong or offensive in the word dude and there are many more words and I'll start with the word stoke or stoked but generally are generally used by a younger group of people

I read responses on New York ski blog and other sites such as Alpine zone and what's not and you know the kind of words I'm talking about like I said.not so thoroughly offensive but just different implications used by a younger generation

Got some?

Comments

• mtsnow123mtsnow123 advanced
    Jerry. Used a lot now, especially if you have a bad fall or do something by accident that makes you look like a novice skiier/snowboarder. I'm not sure how many of you are on Instagram, but the Jerry of the Day account is quite funny.
  • mapnutmapnut expert
    Troll. We'll use it if we get one, but things have been peaceful for a good spell!
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    edited April 25 Posts: 1,255
    I guess I'm getting to be an old fogey because I don't seem to score much anymore

Score
    Troll
    Jerry
    Dude

Others?
  • trackbikertrackbiker intermediate

Gaper. Defined in the Urban Dictionary as:

"A gaper is a skiier or snowboarder who is completely clueless. Usually distiungished by their bright colored clothes and a gaper gap, the gap between goggles and a helment/hat. Gapers also do the "Gaper Tuck" which is an attempt at being a ski racer by tucking, however, it is done incorrectly with the poles sticking straight up like thunderbolts and lighting, very very frightning! Gapers also sit at the bottom of jumps and try and go big off table tops in the park."

I've heard the "Gaper Tuck" more often called the "Turkey Tuck." And I've been known to do that myself on flat sections.

:D
  • JimKJimK advanced
    The obvious answer is four letter words.  Thankfully not seen here!
  • mtsnow123mtsnow123 advanced
    Flatlander!
    mtsnow123 said:

Flatlander!

They are generally not bad people for the most part

How bout Poser?
  • newmannewman advanced
    Yurt :P
  • mapnutmapnut expert
    Just because we don't do Design Challenges anymore.
    Yurt :P
    Well I almost stayed in a yurt at Bohemia but it was not to be but maybe there are other connotations or implications of the word yurt ,I don't know

Score
    Troll
    Jerry
    Dude
    Gamer
    Flatlander and four letter f words
    Poser
    Yurt

Others?
  • NJSkiNJSki advanced
    Hunter Mtn
  • joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert
    NJSki said:

Hunter Mtn

It's interesting what areas get mentioned on SJ.  Hunter is a great area, but most of our members are not Hunter regulars. Crotched and Ragged get disproportionately high coverage most likely because a high percentage SJers ski these areas a lot.

And before ciscokid arrived, nobody was posting about mid-west areas.

Hmm.  I'm going to start a new thread!
  • bousquet19bousquet19 advanced
    Pleistocene
    For those like me who are not in the know Woody

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleistocene
  • loafasaurloafasaur intermediate
    Epic.