New England ski books

ADKskierADKskier advanced
in NELSAP Forum Posts: 198
Hi there, how is everyone's spring going so far?

So the question, does anyone know any good places to look for New England ski books on ski areas or history? Looked on Amazon but not really sure what to search for. I put in New England ski books and nothing really popped up other than Stowe Classic New England, by Peter Oliver, which I purchased great read by the way if anyone is interested. Also looking for ski related memorabilia New England only. Decorating man cave and I'd really like to capture the feel of the rustic charm of New England.

Thanks!
Rich
~Rich~

Comments

• ski_itski_it expert
    edited May 6 Posts: 1,548

Do you mean besides these places?
    http://www.nelsap.org
    http://www.newenglandskimuseum.com/books/

I used to have a copy of "Cross Country Cat".

ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • ADKskierADKskier advanced
    Awesome thank you!
    ~Rich~
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    I've got an autographed copy of this book by the author of the other New England( southern Daks) that I paid full retail for and am proud of it

https://www.amazon.com/Lost-Ski-Areas-Southern-Adirondacks/dp/1609493842
    Jeremys book, I want an autograph.
    ~Rich~
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited May 6 Posts: 1,548
    He autographed mine as well. I need to pick up the others.If you buy it thru NELSAP I think you'd stand a good chance of picking up the coveted signature. Just tell him your SJ user name. They are also a penny cheaper than on the museum site too.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • ski_itski_it expert
    And:
    http://www.vintageskiworld.com/eastern-usa-ski-posters-s/145.
    I know I've seen stores in downtown North Conway and Burlington VT that sell knicnacs, artwork, etc.. but don't know their names. Joe Jones ski shop probably has stuff
  • MadPatSkiMadPatSki intermediate
    I have a bunch of them.

Already mentioned here, but checkout the New England Ski Museum website.

There are a few old books that are New England specific or where there is a selection in a particular book. If you want further information, I can look in my collection.

Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    edited May 6 Posts: 1,232
    ADKskier said:

Jeremys book, I want an autograph.

Well you live a heck of a lot closer to JD than I do ,all you have to do is arrange a hike at a lost ski area that he has never been to and he would gladly bring books to autograph for you in person one on one .if I had a little more cash I would have bought a few more from him but he does not take debit cards as far as I know, but the price of the autograph is worth it for sure. It is like getting the Babe Ruth of lost ski areas to sign his bat .

And then to get icing on the cake you have to find some 80 something year old ski designer of a area and have that person take the hike with you and Jeremy to show around and an open invitation to all snow journalist's ⛷⛷⛷⛷
  • mtsnow123mtsnow123 advanced
    Just finishing Ski Inc by Chris Diamond. Great history of in corporation views. From Killington, Mount Snow, to Steamboat. Very cool to hear the growth of the industry from the 70s from an insider doing the actual business. Link
  • NELSAPNELSAP advanced
    Hi everyone, you can get all of the Lost Ski Area books on NELSAP, signed if you like. If you already have one and want it signed, send me an email. Nelsap@yahoo.com. You can ship it to me and I will ship it back.
    Thanks Jeremy!!
    ~Rich~
    NELSAP said:

Hi everyone, you can get all of the Lost Ski Area books on NELSAP, signed if you like. If you already have one and want it signed, send me an email. Nelsap@yahoo.com. You can ship it to me and I will ship it back.

I prefer hiking/ atv in person with the author and creator(s) and sustainer of the Princeton Ski Bowl⛷⛷⛷lol
    IMG_0034.JPG
    2592 x 1936 - 2M
  • bmwskierbmwskier advanced
    ADK-- I just noticed your avatar photo- pretty hard core in your battle rattle there, trooper! Where were you in the great Southwest Asia Vacationland? 
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
  • Bkroon9175Bkroon9175 intermediate
    If you are looking for art work, old ski resort postcards frame up nicely. They are cheaper at flea markets vs online. Antique or junk stores are great places for old ski gear. Also old magazines often have great photos or ads related to sling which also frame up nicely
    Thanks for the Info Bkroon9175!

bmwskier said:

ADK-- I just noticed your avatar photo- pretty hard core in your battle rattle there, trooper! Where were you in the great Southwest Asia Vacationland? 

Good Ole Afghanistan.
    ~Rich~
  • ski_itski_it expert
    That's a good suggestion Bkroon. I found some 1960s copies of Vermont Life with ski articles at an ahem Antique Store on rt 4 between Rutland and Whitehall. I even emailed VL to see I could repost them on SJ but alas no response.