Where was I? 5/14

lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
in NELSAP Forum Posts: 674

Located a couple of hundred feet from the top of an operating (though closed for the season) ski area
IMG_8082.JPG
640 x 480 - 148K

Comments

Hard'Ack
    - Sam
  • lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    Bingo! Several Franklin Counties out there that could have qualified, (NY, MA, ME, VT), but Hard'Ack it is, just uphill from St. Albans, VT, overlooking I-89. Nice MTB trail system as well. Lots of white trillium all over the place.

Bottom of tow. Wild pulley arrangement

Looking up tow line

Top bullwheel

Looking down main slope. Pretty good upper pitch

Looking down skier's left slope. A little steeper.

Odd structure at top. No idea what it is (was)

Old start ramp at top of skier's left trail. Looks pretty abandoned

Yummy! Base 'lodge'

IMG_8075.JPG
    640 x 480 - 117K
    IMG_8076.JPG
    640 x 480 - 104K
    IMG_8077 (1).JPG
    640 x 480 - 147K
    IMG_8078.JPG
    640 x 480 - 175K
    IMG_8079.JPG
    640 x 480 - 193K
    IMG_8080.JPG
    640 x 480 - 142K
    IMG_8081.JPG
    640 x 480 - 126K
    IMG_8083.JPG
    640 x 480 - 102K
    Thanks for sharing, I don't think I've seen many photos from there. That lodge looks like it's in rough shape.
    - Sam
    Tell the truth: Did you google 'Lawrence Brainerd'? Leads you right to the same pic I took...

Yes, the lodge is looking 'tired', as was the groomer and other equipment scattered about. Rope looked in good shape, though. Would be a challenge to unload, kind of like Mad River- have to hike up once you get off the lift. I imagine pretty tough for beginners, but then again, the upper pitch is not beginner terrain anyway.
  • edited May 15 Posts: 1,964

Tell the truth: Did you google 'Lawrence Brainerd'? Leads you right to the same pic I took...

Yes, the lodge is looking 'tired', as was the groomer and other equipment scattered about. Rope looked in good shape, though. Would be a challenge to unload, kind of like Mad River- have to hike up once you get off the lift. I imagine pretty tough for beginners, but then again, the upper pitch is not beginner terrain anyway.

I did

Do you know if it is still free to ski there (with donations appreciated of course)?
    - Sam
    No idea, sorry. I have not driven by in the winter to see if it has even operated recently. Don't know if anyone on this board knows.