Crotched Mountain 2017-2018

joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert
edited May 16 in NELSAP Forum Posts: 1,549
As the last 2016-17 patch of snow melts away, it's time to start the thread for next season.

So let's start with the cast of SJ characters who are season pass regulars at CM (list is alphabetical):
becca_m
iskivt
joshua_segal
nelsbeer
quietman
remski
ski_it
tedede
thebigo
xwhaler

Who did I miss?

Comments

• becca_mbecca_m advanced

me!   Becca_M

:)

• joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert
    becca_m said:

me!   Becca_M

:)

For some reason, I thought we lost you to Ragged! I edited you in above,
  • ChuckstahChuckstah advanced
    I have next season's Peaks Pass, and only live 30 miles from Crotched, so I'll certainly be there a bunch next season. Boyne pass refugee.  
    edited May 17 Posts: 109
    WELLLLL, I have a midweek CM/peak pass (I try to get there 1 nite/week & snow days  :)  

Weekends I'm at Cannon &/or  Ragged   :)      ...mostly

• yardsaleyardsale intermediate
    Not so regular, but made it 4x to CM in 16/17 with my Peak Pass.
  • NELSBEERNELSBEER advanced
    There is a little bonus at Crotched with the Peak Passes, the Black Out days on the less expensive passes (Ranger & Traveler) do not apply at Crotched. Why? many Crotched regulars go to bigger resorts (Mt. Snow, Attitash, Wildcat & Hunter) for holidays like Xmas, MLK and the like leaving Crotched way less crowded than normal. See the pass you have for details.

Maybe we can have an ad hoc NELSAP vertical challenge one of those days?

This year they also threw the weekday passes open for weekends the last several weeks of the season, crowds had thinned so why not let everyone enjoy the rest of the season.
    edited May 18 Posts: 109
    Last year they also had a Saturday (not sure what month) they threw open to weekday pass holders.   End of season weekends at Wildcat was terrific (for midweek passholders).  
  • NELSBEERNELSBEER advanced
    edited May 20 Posts: 200
    Today the crew was out replacing the railing around the deck on the ATC (Alpine Training Center), new one looks nice. Maybe they will get a Beer/Wine license for that area next year, it would be a great umbrella bar.

Don't get excited yet, but a little snow fell on upper Crotched earlier in the week. Rain at the bottom. No ski tracks spotted.