Crotched Mountain 2017-2018

14567810»

Comments

• QuietmanQuietman intermediate
    hiked up and did velocity tonight.  Still great coverage and soft snow on top. Hopefully more to come. 
  • joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert
    Quietman said:

hiked up and did velocity tonight.  Still great coverage and soft snow on top. Hopefully more to come. 

I hiked yesterday AM (4/11 Weds.).  Everything I skied was wonderful, plus it was pretty easy to see that if management thought it would be profitable, they would certainly be able to be open at nearly 100%.

There was a "cream cheese" inch of new snow in the morning that was particularly sweet skiing, especially where it had been untracked from the last several days of turn-earners.  
  • joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert
    edited 12:15AM Posts: 2,136
    Apr. 21, 2018 - Sat.
    Back home after 8 days away from ski country.  I got back home at about 3:30 - plenty of time for a hike.

Based on some piles of plowed snow, it appears that CM was considering opening, but it looks like the groomer couldn't plow enough snow onto Moonwalk to cover some extended bare areas.

The snow was "cream cheese".  I started up the west side.  Velocity to Shooting Star was full width. From where Shooting Star crosses Mountain Rd., I hiked up Mountain Rd./Galaxy (some bare spots on Mountain Road) and Moonwalk to the top.  From the top, Satellite Summit was very skiable - but I chose Jupiter's Storm.  The cover was edge to edge with a mogul field that I only wish I had the energy to do a second time.  Magnitude, Meteor and Pluto's were all T2B with especially good edge-to-edge of trail cover on Meteor.  I chose Pluto's for my descent. It was lovely.

For those looking to earn some turns, tomorrow (Sunday, 4/22/18) should be very pleasant.  It may we;ll be the last opportunity for T2B full-width trails at CM this season.