Crotched Mountain 2017-2018

1234568»

Comments

• joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert
    I did my "birthday marathon" yesterday (Sat., 2/10/2018), 72 runs in anticipation for my upcoming 72nd birthday. I misunderstood something about the app, so I actually did 75 rides on the Rocket rather than the 72 that I planned on. A bit tired today.
    72at72.jpg
    612 x 612 - 155K
  • ciscokidciscokid expert

Ever

I did my "birthday marathon" yesterday (Sat., 2/10/2018), 72 runs in anticipation for my upcoming 72nd birthday. I misunderstood something about the app, so I actually did 75 rides on the Rocket rather than the 72 that I planned on. A bit tired today.

Congrats Joshua! That's amazing, 62000 vert in a day for a 72 yr old! Crap thats 15 times down Jackson Hole! Whew, you da iron man!

I'm going to have to learn these app things.

Ever

Congrats Joshua! That's amazing, 62000 vert in a day for a 72 yr old! Crap thats 15 times down Jackson Hole! Whew, you da iron man!

I'm going to have to learn these app things.
    Bottom of the Mariana Trench: 36,070 below sea level
    Top of Mt. Everest: 29,029
    Top to bottom: 65,099
    With the 62,500 that I descended, I would have drowned about 2600' above the bottom of the Mariana Trench.  Sounds less impressive when put in those terms :-)
  • ChrisChris intermediate
    Congrats Josh and Happy Birthday!
  • podunk77podunk77 intermediate
    Happy Birthday, Joshua, and best wishes for 80 runs on your 80th!
  • QuietmanQuietman intermediate
    You rock dude!  I wish that we could be hitting the glades together. 

After all that you were still out there today. Saw you skiing down from your condo this morning.  Good choice to get out yesterday, today kind of sucked! I absolutely detest rainy winter days. 

edited February 12 Posts: 1,998
    Quietman said:

You rock dude!  I wish that we could be hitting the glades together. 

After all that you were still out there today. Saw you skiing down from your condo this morning.  Good choice to get out yesterday, today kind of sucked! I absolutely detest rainy winter days. 

Thanks for the props to Mark and the rest of you folks!

I'm pretty sure the glades were skiing nicely by Saturday PM based on reports from others.  Apparently, the warmer temps caused the crust to decrust (if that is a word).  That being said, glade-skiing is much slower than trail skiing and I knew I was in for a long day.  Lucky I didn't hit the glades.  In previous "birthday marathons", I've averaged 8.5 runs per hour.  On Saturday, the last 10 to 12 runs took almost 2 hours as fog moved in and visibility dropped.  The last 3 runs were in pouring rain.

Yesterday's rain was pretty light in the AM.  I quit when it started to come down heavy about 12:30.
  • NJSkiNJSki advanced

I would love to say I could do 72 runs when I turn 72 years old. Great accomplishment, and something to aspire for.

Kudos!

• becca_mbecca_m advanced
    Good to ride with Joshua the other afternoon - Feb 15!    Rocket was down much of the day but then opened up before 5pm for some amazing spring-like conditions and fresh tracks on the top!!!!   And I quote Joshua, "THIS IS MY LAST RUN!!!"  said quite a few times  :)
  • QuietmanQuietman intermediate
    Yup, Joshua says that a lot also when I ski with him. I hope that I am as able as he is when I hit 70. Saw him numerous times today teaching lessons.