If Only there was Snow in Ireland

ski_itski_it expert
edited May 24 in Trip Reports Posts: 1,651
Then I would move here...imageimage
ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
IMG_5690.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 2M
IMG_5534.JPG
10794 x 2332 - 7M
IMG_5713.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 3M

Comments

• ski_itski_it expert
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    IMG_5665.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
  • ski_itski_it expert
    IMG_5722.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
  • MadPatSkiMadPatSki intermediate
    You wouldn't be the first one to ski in Ireland.

http://www.firsttracksonline.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4059 ;

Note: this wasn't a trip done by Admin from FTO, but an past user of the forum and reposted from a backup version.
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
  • obienickobienick expert
    Well if global warming is bad enough, the Atlantic thermohaline cycle may shut down which will cool Europe.
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited May 25 Posts: 1,651
    Ah Mad Patrick, but without photos I think there must be a wee bit of blarney in that tale. ;)
  • JMaulJMaul advanced
    ski_it said:

More interested in the hop vine and kegs.......  Do tell.

Oh, yeah. That mountain is pretty imptressive.
    You ski because even if you don't do it well, it's still a blast....
  • bubblecufferbubblecuffer advanced
    I hiked Carrauntoohil in early April of 2005 and the summit cone had a nice field of deep (12-24") sleet.  I was thinking that in winter, there may have been more beefy cover.
  • ski_itski_it expert
    You always pick up on the details JMaul. I thought you brew hounds might like that one. That would be the new Killarney brewing Company. I walk in and see a can of Be Hoppy from Wormtown of Worcester MA. Apparently they have an association together and their current brew master is from NJ. That Peak under the cloud bank maybe Carrauntoohhil their tallest peak at 1038m. Well it's over in that direction.
    Another Mtn:
    IMG_5741.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
  • ski_itski_it expert
    Dingle - 825 to 940m
    IMG_5750.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 799K
  • JMaulJMaul advanced
    Beautiful pictures.
    You ski because even if you don't do it well, it's still a blast....
  • ski_itski_it expert
    Connemara Mountains in Galway Co. 730-415m, in the distance.image
    IMG_5965.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
  • MadPatSkiMadPatSki intermediate
    ski_it said:

Ah Mad Patrick, but without photos I think there must be a wee bit of blarney in that tale. ;)

I believe that post initially had pictures attached to it, but as you can find anything on the net, here is what I found about skiing (on snow) in Ireland.

Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
  • ski_itski_it expert
    That looks pretty good....until he falls.
    Thks for the view Pat