resort’s EBITDA exceeded capital expenditures for the period from Nov. 1, 2016
through closing. The resort is expected to generate incremental annual resort
reported EBITDA in excess of $5 million during its first 12 months of operation
following the acquisition.

As
part of the transaction, Vail Resorts acquired all of the assets related to the
mountain operations of the resort, including base area skier services (food and
beverage, retail and rental, lift ticket offices, and ski and snowboard school
facilities) at Mount Mansfield and Spruce Peak.

Comments

• joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert
    Does this mean they did not get the Toll House Area?  That being asked, most Stowe folks to whom I have spoken, the Toll House area has nothing to offer that is not already available at Spruce.
  • TomWhiteTomWhite advanced

I like Stowe but don’t get there much. I’ve never been there
    on a crowded day. It seems odd that Mansfield (excluding gondi area), with
    better terrain, has less lift capacity than Spruce. There’s talk of replacing
    the Lookout double with a FGQ or even a HSQ. That would be good. Mansfield can
    use more snowmaking coverage as well.

• newmannewman advanced
    TomWhite said:

I like Stowe but don’t get there much. I’ve never been there
    on a crowded day. It seems odd that Mansfield (excluding gondi area), with
    better terrain, has less lift capacity than Spruce. There’s talk of replacing
    the Lookout double with a FGQ or even a HSQ. That would be good. Mansfield can
    use more snowmaking coverage as well.

I think the higher uphill capacity on Spruce is just a part of the overall on that side. Don't forget the new Forerunner on Mansfield was done. I'm sure an upgrade for Lookout or Triple is on the way.
  • TomWhiteTomWhite advanced

ropeways.net | Home | 2017-06-13

Stowe Mountain Resort is Now Epic for the 2017-18 Winter Season

• The Epic Pass offers unlimited, unrestricted access to Stowe, plus the best of North America
    • Epic Local Pass offers the best value at $639, which includes 10 days at Stowe
    Vail Resorts announced that the Company has closed on the acquisition of Stowe Mountain Resort in Stowe, Vt.  The Epic Pass offers unlimited, unrestricted access to Stowe Mountain Resort for the 2017-2018 winter season, and the Epic Local Pass will offer 10 days of skiing at Stowe. The iconic, East Coast resort is the newest among 45 of the world’s most renowned mountain destinations to be offered with the Epic Pass – which includes the best of the West throughout 10 world-class destination resorts – such as Vail, Breckenridge, Park City, and Whistler Blackcomb. Purchasing a season pass now ensures skiers and snowboarders get the lowest available price for next winter.

Available at $859 for adults, the 2017-2018 Epic Pass offers access to 45 of the world’s best mountain resorts – including Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont; Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin in Colorado; Whistler Blackcomb in Canada; Park City in Utah; Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood at Lake Tahoe; Perisher in Australia; Afton Alps in Minnesota; Mt. Brighton in Michigan and Wilmot Mountain in Wisconsin. Epic Pass holders will again enjoy limited access to 30 European ski resorts including Verbier and Les 4 Vallées in Switzerland, Les 3 Vallées in France; Arlberg in Austria; and Skirama Dolomiti Adamello Brenta in Italy. Each resort delivers an iconic experience, unique alpine traditions and impeccable service. A child pass (ages five to 12) is $449.  

Available at $639, the Epic Local Pass offers unprecedented value to guests who are willing to plan around a few restrictions. Skiers and snowboarders receive a total of 10 days at Stowe, Vail, Beaver Creek, and Whistler Blackcomb with holiday restrictions; unlimited, unrestricted skiing or riding at Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin; and access with limited restrictions at Park City, Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood.

“We are thrilled to officially welcome Stowe to our family of world-class resorts, and to offer our Epic Pass, Epic Local, Epic 7-Day, and Epic 4-Day Pass holders exceptional experiences,” said Kirsten Lynch, chief marketing officer of Vail Resorts. “With the addition of Stowe, the Epic Pass provides guests access to the East Coast’s most iconic skiing, as well as unlimited, unrestricted access to the best of the West – including Vail, Breckenridge, Park City and Whistler Blackcomb, among many additional world-renowned destination resorts throughout North America.”

Guests are invited to purchase season passes and start dreaming of their next winter vacation at EpicPass.com.