bmwskier's summer challenge

Comments

• lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    GS race on Nose Dive, Stowe
  • bmwskierbmwskier advanced
    #9image
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
    ski challenge #8,9,10,11-1.jpg
    783 x 1284 - 616K
    That was quick!

"Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
    #10image
    Greg Stump
    ski challenge #8,9,10,11-2.jpg
    684 x 494 - 221K
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited July 14 Posts: 1,653
    Stowe.
    Edit: wait a minute this post was for #8. How'd it get down here gosh darn it? I thought I answered first. Apparently not
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    Is 9 Dartmouth Skiway?
    - Sam
  • TomWhiteTomWhite advanced
    The last, #10, is Mt. Snow...outdoor pool, indoor ice skating. Now the three story lodge is missing. But I'm presuming it's just the angle of the shot, perhaps from the lodge.
    Right on Mt Snow lodge, wrong on Dartmouth. Is the outdoor pool still there? I have another shot in B & W of the same pool and a similar pool in the family photos when my late brother and I were just  gleam in our dad's eye...
    Greg Stump
  • SnowmasterSnowmaster advanced
    9 must be Ow Alley
  • ChuckstahChuckstah advanced
    #9 B Slope Pico?
    No and No-- sorry. 

Probably took a lot of effort to get those, what 210 cm Head Standards apart that way!
    Greg Stump
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited July 14 Posts: 1,653
    Hmmm seen that #9 pic before. Haystack? Where ever it is, is the rock still there?
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    Not Haystack. 
    Greg Stump
  • joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert
    That looks like the view from Stowe, perhaps Nosedive, before the gondola was built, with Spruce Peak on the right.
    Which one? ? The first one?--That is Stowe. Here's a shot of a famous skier when he was young at that race. image
    Greg Stump
    ski challenge #8,9,10,11-3.jpg
    445 x 426 - 116K
    Billy Kidd?
  • JMaulJMaul advanced
    I have no idea where #9 is, but what a great picture.
    You ski because even if you don't do it well, it's still a blast....
  • rickbolgerrickbolger expert
    edited July 14 Posts: 1,061
    ski_it said:

Stowe.
    Edit: wait a minute this post was for #8. How'd it get down here gosh darn it? I thought I answered first. Apparently not

this happened to me a lot until i figured out that when you click into a thread, somehow it takes you to the last reply that you read, not the last reply in the thread

Anywho, I'll guess sugarbush for the rock jump
    It IS Billy Kid pre Cowboy hat at Stowe. 

The rock jump is not Sugarbush. 
    Greg Stump
  • TomWhiteTomWhite advanced
    bmwskier said:

Right on Mt Snow lodge, wrong on Dartmouth. Is the outdoor pool still there? I have another shot in B & W of the same pool and a similar pool in the family photos when my late brother and I were just  gleam in our dad's eye...

The pool and ice rink are long gone.
    bmwskier said:

#9image

Midd Snow Bowl? Looks like a crazy college kid...
    Not Middlebury according to the caption. 
    Greg Stump
  • ski_itski_it expert
    Sugarbush?
    Not Sugarbush either. It is an open area and is in Southern VT. 
    Greg Stump
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited July 15 Posts: 1,653
    Oops... Missed that Rick already guessed that. Where does Southern VT start if u live in Newport? I don't btw, live in either. So continuing with WAGes Bromley.
    That white birch stand should help someone?
    And back to the famous skier ...you?
    Great form
    Famous skier is Billy Kidd-- I'm not that old!

Southern VT I think is defined as anything below Route 4-- at least for NSP, Northern VT is anything north of 4 and Southern VT is below. So, NVT region is Middlebury, Sugarbush, MRG, Burke, Bolton, Cochran's, Jay and Smuggs. 

I have a great Mike Hattrup poster which is too big for me to scan but the quote features Billy Kidd in it. 

BTW-- I've been looking for a great poster from the 90's, featuring a B-1 Bomber on the runway wearing Scott Goggles. Even wrote Scott to see if they still had it-- no luck. 

Greg Stump
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited July 16 Posts: 1,653
    Sorry I need to start reading more carefully.? So that's a no to Bromley?
    Not Bromley-- but definitely warmer! 

Greg Stump
  • ski_itski_it expert
    Snow then?
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Magic or Stratton?