Montmorency Falls QU 7/4/2017 was Guess this lift Part Deux

ski_itski_it expert
edited October 18 in Trip Reports Posts: 1,737
Devinerimage
ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
IMG_6290.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 3M

Comments

• RemskiRemski advanced
    The waterfall northeast of Quebec City, Montmorency Falls
  • ChuckstahChuckstah advanced
    I remember hiking around those falls mayby 35 years ago, but no gondola back then.
  • ski_itski_it expert
    Correct. On my last visit it didn't exist nor the double zip line either. 1993 Doppelmayer imageimageimage
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    IMG_6237.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    IMG_6236.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    IMG_6286.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
  • bmwskierbmwskier advanced
    That's the one that got stuck with a bunch of kids from Cabot School a couple of years ago!

"Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
  • ski_itski_it expert

Now you tell me? Glad I didn't know...a different design than I'm used to seeing with 2 cables. It rocks a bit when you're the first person getting on.

The falls are still spectacular but with the tram, zip lines, staircases, dam, spillway, bridge, train, snack shops and wire rope climbing lines it is far from au naturel. And they have some of the strangest pricing; $7.03, $12.06, $39.92, & $47.44 for a few examples. And so many package options for us tourons, it is no wonder the line to get in takes a while to move along.  

I knew of the 1996 funicular accident in downtown but I didn't tell Mrs Ski_It until after riding it up.

• marcskimarcski advanced
    Hey, we were just there on June 29! 

• ski_itski_it expert
    edited July 8 Posts: 1,737
    Nice pic. Yeah it's a small, small north east coast. We were in QC, QC from 6/30 to 7/4. Did we cross paths?
    We walked into a museum and ran into my daughters high school classmate & a member of my wife's Girl Scout troop, etc... Its a small small northeast coast.

So I read some about the stranded passengers but didn't see what broke to keep them there 9 hours. Anyone know?
  • marcskimarcski advanced
    ski_it said:

Nice pic. Yeah it's a small, small north east coast. We were in QC, QC from 6/30 to 7/4. Did we cross paths?
    We walked into a museum and ran into my daughters high school classmate & a member of my wife's Girl Scout troop, etc... Its a small small northeast coast.

So I read some about the stranded passengers but didn't see what broke to keep them there 9 hours. Anyone know?

We were in QC from 6/28-7/3. We stopped at Montmorency falls, Mt. Massif and Baie St. Paul one day and spent an afternoon hiking at Mt. Saint-Anne. Otherwise, we stayed in QC and walked all over the city. A beautiful city it is!