Burke Mt t-bar

in NELSAP Forum Posts: 969
Anyone know the progress at Burke on the new Poma t-bar? Very curious to see what it looks like. 

IBRAKE 

Comments

• rickbolgerrickbolger expert
    hopefully the route is less complex than this design

hopefully the route is less complex than this design

Oy, vey.....
  • ME2VTskierME2VTskier advanced
    Too funny! Still waiting to hear from Ary on how they were innocent and would be cleared of any wrongdoing...
  • ski_itski_it expert
    A lawyer for Ariel Quiros, the owner of the Jay Peak Resort, said Tuesday that Quiros is not admitting nor denying anything and now will only litigate damages.
    http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/news/2017/08/22/jay-peaks-quiros-not-fight-sec-eb-5-fraud-charges/590949001/
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • NELSAPNELSAP advanced
    edited August 27 Posts: 181
    Isn't it great? They were allowed to devastate downtown Newport VT, where my inlaws live - and get almost no severe punishment, no jail time...take a look at downtown Newport - one giant crater.
  • rickbolgerrickbolger expert
    NELSAP said:

Isn't it great? They were allowed to devastate downtown Newport VT, where my inlaws live - and get almost no severe punishment, no jail time...take a look at downtown Newport - one giant crater.

Reminds Ary of home.  Sort of like the Von Trapps with Stowe.

So, is nothing happening at Burke, then? Does the Poma have a stay of execution and will live to turn another season? :)>-

So, is nothing happening at Burke, then? Does the Poma have a stay of execution and will live to turn another season? :)>-

The failed project that they are discussing is related to the previous ownership that misused the EB-5 money. The T-bar is currently under construction and I believe that the Poma has already been removed.
    - Sam
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited August 30 Posts: 1,737
    From today's Mountain (Bike) Report:
    Remember that with the installation of the new high speed Lietner POMA T-bar lift, heavy machinery will be up and down the toll road weekly now, (Monday through Friday) making it dangerous for public traffic and riders to access the summit trails. Construction ends around 5pm so toll road goers and any rider traffic is encouraged to wait until after 5pm midweek to access the CCC Road and Summit Trails.

No new mentions of it on the BMA site, only about their new dual feed stone tuner and their new 18 tuning station facility, the Shelley Glover Tech Center.
    "Shelley Glover BMA alumna class of ’04 and US Ski Team athlete was tragically killed in a training accident at Mt. Bachelor, Oregon in May of 2004. The construction of the tech center is a wonderful way to continue the legacy of this vibrant and talented young woman."
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • RemskiRemski advanced
    I was up at BURKE 9/17 and the new T-bar is progressing. There is also plenty of blasting and earth moving taking place on the adjacent slope. They still don't have the footings in but a form was sitting in the parking lot. Reason for the trip there was mtn.biking at Kingdom Trails. My first time there but not my last. What a great mtn. bike venue. If you're into this sport and haven't been there I HIGHLY recommend it!!!!