Emery Park, NY (Free Skiing)

in NELSAP Forum Posts: 1,927
I had never heard of this county-operated ski area in western New York. It looks like it has a T-bar and three trails. It's open five days a week and the skiing is free. Does anyone know anything else about it?

Trail Map: http://www2.erie.gov/gis/sites/www2.erie.gov.gis/files/uploads/Emery Ski Hill Map_brochure.pdf
- Sam

Comments

Emery Park has twin Sneller t-bars. It's one of two places I know of that still operate Sneller lifts. The other is Brantling Ski Slopes in Sodus, NY.

The last Sneller chairlift I rode used to be at Brandywine and would be used in the summer as a lift for a lazy river ride at the former Dover Lake Water Park. The chair and the water park were torn down some years ago to make room for a tubing hill.

IBRAKE
    Anyone wanna ride a Sneller t-bar? :D

• ski_itski_it expert
    Whoa that's out there. Over 7 hours from me and near North Boston. NY State has some nice facilities for sure. How'd you find it?
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • bmwskierbmwskier advanced
    I taught just down Emery Road at the Gow School for six years. Would drive by it on the way to HV and also KB when we took the kids there to ski. When I go back this winter, I fully intend on hitting it for a few runs. It's lit at night as is the skating rink. 

"Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
    ski_it said:

Whoa that's out there. Over 7 hours from me and near North Boston. NY State has some nice facilities for sure. How'd you find it?

The map showed up on the recently added list on Skimap.org.
    - Sam
  • FlannSkiFlannSki novice

Anyone wanna ride a Sneller t-bar? :D

A pair of Sneller lifts but if you look closely the one on the left has Hall T-bars on the line. One of the county parks guys told me he believes the T-bars came from Holiday Valley back in the late 60s.
  • bmwskierbmwskier advanced
    Holiday Valley had three T-bars at that point--- the School Haus, Yodeler and Tannenbaum lifts. 

"Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump