Multi-Pass Free Agents?

jgrecojgreco intermediate
in NELSAP Forum Posts: 41
Stowe added to the Epic Pass. Sugarbush added to the Mountain Collective. Belleayre, Windham, Gore, Whiteface added to the MaxPass. Which mid-size and big Northeastern ski areas do not belong to a sizeable multi-pass? Do you think they will join one? 

Smuggs seems to be the biggest unclaimed prize... and then Saddleback once it comes back online. Jay/Burke if you don't count their combined pass as a true multi-pass.

Comments

• rickbolgerrickbolger expert
    edited August 30 Posts: 1,118
    jgreco said:

Smuggs seems to be the biggest unclaimed prize... and then Saddleback once it comes back online. Jay/Burke if you don't count their combined pass as a true multi-pass.
    is Mad River Glen part of anything?  Saddleback is big, but as the Berrys will tell you, it's no prize   :D

Waterville Valley?   
  • ChuckstahChuckstah advanced
    Is Ragged still a free agent? Berkshire East maybe? Waterville is on the White Mtn Superpass.
  • 4aprice4aprice intermediate
    Chuckstah said:

Is Ragged still a free agent? Berkshire East maybe? Waterville is on the White Mtn Superpass.

Being on one pass does not mean they can't be on another.  Winter Park Co was on several different passes including Rocky Mountain Super Pass and Max (and one I think called the US 40 Pass with Steamboat).. Ironically they now will be firmly on the Aspen team.  

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
  • jgrecojgreco intermediate
    Follow-up: Which pass would those free agents best fit on and why?

I think Smuggs would be a great addition to the MaxPass since northern Vermont is noticeably absent on that pass. 
  • 4aprice4aprice intermediate
    jgreco said:

Follow-up: Which pass would those free agents best fit on and why?

I think Smuggs would be a great addition to the MaxPass since northern Vermont is noticeably absent on that pass. 
    Maybe that's why they are going RFID.  I know for myself and my current situation I'm looking for a pass product that includes both east and west and mountains that are not part of a group like that are really not on the radar.  On Max now but next year may go to what ever Aspen puts out, or could go Epic one of these years if I decide I want to ski Vail some season. I think Smuggs would be smart to join one of the groups.   Not a huge fan of Mountain Collective so I probably will not see Sugarbush for a while.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ