Boyne' s + Nubs 1/20-22 2018 Any Snowjournalist's interested in a Michigan ski gathering in Jan-Feb?

ciscokidciscokid expert
edited September 21 in The Hook-Up Posts: 1,378
Conrad Ward our exuberant center pole sleuth who likes to share our existing CP lift prowess with Europeans wants to experience first hand the center pole lifts with a trip to Michigan this winter.

Besides Ted Reilly my fellow Michigander we have Ibrake4tbars who is a Buckeye. Conrad and I would like to set up a roughly " long weekend" outing with an invitation to all nelsapers/ snowjournalist's in Jan or Feb.

Absolutely would do both Boyne Mountain and Boyne Highlands. Most likely Nubs Nob or Crystal/ Caberfae. All areas have night skiing in a open to close ticket.
Is there any interest from any of you in joining us and setting up a date?

Conrad wants to book his flight asap

Comments

• TreillyTreilly advanced
    A Caberfae Crystal trip is a very good possibility for me.
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    edited September 19 Posts: 1,378
    Well can you believe it ?young man one of our best of snowjournalist is flying from Vermont /New Hampshire to Michigan to ski! He's coming out January 19 going back Monday night the 23rd we are going to ski Boyne the mountain and Highlands and probably nubs knob Monday morning also. Also I did talk to Lonnie the owner of Mount Bohemia and basically I'm getting three nights for the price of one this coming winter so or snow journalist who wants to join us gets free lodging and meals breakfast and dinner at Mount Bohemia is included so if anyone wants to get their butts out here and try
    Mt Bohemiathis would be the year
    And I just talked to the infamous Ibrake4tbars and he's most likely coming too! ( Boyne)
    ciscokid said:

And I just talked to the infamous Ibrake4tbars and he's most likely coming too! ( Boyne)

Infamous?!? :(

ciscokid said:

ciscokid said:

No just famous- grampa
  • ski_itski_it expert

I just wanted to say thanks for the invite.

I'd half consider it, but if I drive 14 hours or fly 4 hours to ski in MI instead of going to the Rockies, my family would probably have me committed. But still, hmmmm.....

ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    ski_it said:

I just wanted to say thanks for the invite.

I'd half consider it, but if I drive 14 hours or fly 4 hours to ski in MI instead of going to the Rockies, my family would probably have me committed. But still, hmmmm.....

Well we do have room for you the room sleeps six so you're more than welcome if you can get your butt out here we'd love to have a second New Englander bring them old élan skis that's fine I guarantee you would like nubs knob even though it's half of what you're used to but still has a great vvariety of terrain

I also guarantee we would have a ton of laughs and I will buy all the beer you would want to drink so come on out
    I will even sleep on the hideaway sofa and you can sleep with the infamous Ibrake4tbars wouldn't that be something
    $203 round trip from Manchester delta
    Sit with Conrad and talk lifts
    Why in the Sam Hill am I infamous? :-/ :-/ :-/

Why in the Sam Hill am I infamous? :-/ :-/ :-/

What's the diff between famous and infamous?

Anyway Boyne just put their '18 tickets price.
    $70 buy ahead e tick on Sat 1/20/18

$95 walk up yikes!!
    Elvis is famous. Justin Bieber is famous.

Hitler is infamous. Stalin is infamous.

Jeez Louis....$95 walk-up?!? Maybe the local grocery stores sell discount passes or one can buy them on line for a better price.

Elvis is famous. Justin Bieber is famous.

Hitler is infamous. Stalin is infamous.

Jeez Louis....$95 walk-up?!? Maybe the local grocery stores sell discount passes or one can buy them on line for a better price.

$70 e ticket online
  • conradconrad novice
    Yes, it's going to be a good time. Of course I'll be taking lots of photos of all the lifts including the world's first/oldest triple chairlifts, the 60's and 70's center pole quads, the world's second six-pack, and a chairlift that includes parts from the world's first chairlifts at Sun Valley. Should cause the jaws of the users on Remontees-Mecaniques to hit the floor.
    Well I'm Dutch,(surname changed), Ibrake4tbars is Swiss, will we have a Frenchman with us ?

By the way I went swimming in Lake Michigan today the water was 75° The air ish 95 so I do expect great lake affect snow this winter if it gets cold forecast anyone?