Comments

• Schweig_1Schweig_1 intermediate
    Bromley?
    Schweig_1 said:

Bromley?

not Bromley
    - Sam
  • joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert
    Older lift, in a state of deferred maintenance: I'll guess Mt. Abrams, more because I've been getting used to NES13's tastes, rather than specifically recognizing it!

Older lift, in a state of deferred maintenance: I'll guess Mt. Abrams, more because I've been getting used to NES13's tastes, rather than specifically recognizing it!

Not Abram, it isn't a Hall bullwheel setup, but that strategy has worked before ;))
    - Sam
  • edited October 10 Posts: 957
    That looks an awful lot like a Poma chairlift bullwheel
    Wait a minute: is that actually a Städeli bullwheel???

That looks an awful lot like a Poma chairlift bullwheel

Wait a minute: is that actually a Städeli bullwheel???

not Poma or Städeli
    - Sam
  • SnowmasterSnowmaster advanced
    Is that the wee triple at Sunapee?
  • edited October 10 Posts: 1,964

Yes, it is the Spruce Triple. I will post a trip report soon.
    - Sam
  • ciscokidciscokid expert

Sam if you would please pretty please put Sunapee in the title so we know it is solved ⛷⛷⛷nice thank you very very much
    ciscokid said:

Sam if you would please pretty please put Sunapee in the title so we know it is solved ⛷⛷⛷nice thank you very very much

I was about to do so
    - Sam
  • edited October 10 Posts: 1,964
    This Sunday I went up to Sunapee for a day of downhill biking. They have a variety of trails off the Clippership Quad on South Peak. The trails are very well constructed and range from smooth, gentle flowing trails, to steep rock gardens with large drops. Rain in the morning gave way to a mostly cloudy, but dry afternoon. The foliage was good, but not quite peak yet. They had a pig roast in the base area and I enjoyed some delicious pulled pork for lunch. The summer activities there seem very well run and I had a great time biking. I stayed overnight at the campground partway up the mountain and walked to the top of Spruce Peak after dark.

South PeakimageBase AreaimageMini Golf and Clippership QuadimageMini Golf and Clippership QuadimageClippership QuadimageDownhill Bike Trails near the BaseimageClippership QuadimageClippership QuadimageClippership QuadimageClippership QuadimageClippership Quad and Downhill Bike TrailsimageClippership QuadimageSidewinder Bike TrailimageSidewinder Bike TrailimageBase Area and Pump TrackimageBase Area and Pump TrackimagePump TracksimageSpruce Peak TripleimageSpruce Peak TripleimageSpruce Peak TripleimageSpruce Peak Tripleimage
    - Sam
    image.jpeg
    2592 x 1944 - 775K
    image.jpeg
    2592 x 1944 - 801K
    image.jpeg
    2592 x 1944 - 943K
    image.jpeg
    2592 x 1944 - 815K
    image.jpeg
    2592 x 1944 - 842K
    image.jpeg
    2592 x 1944 - 917K
    image.jpeg
    2592 x 1944 - 820K
    image.jpeg
    2592 x 1944 - 825K
    image.jpeg
    2592 x 1944 - 930K
    image.jpeg
    2592 x 1944 - 846K
    image.jpeg
    2592 x 1944 - 936K
    image.jpeg
    2592 x 1944 - 815K
    image.jpeg
    2592 x 1944 - 893K
    image.jpeg
    2592 x 1944 - 834K
    image.jpeg
    2592 x 1944 - 936K
    image.jpeg
    2592 x 1944 - 873K
    image.jpeg
    2592 x 1944 - 869K
    image.jpeg
    2592 x 1944 - 874K
    image.jpeg
    2592 x 1944 - 873K
    image.jpeg
    2592 x 1944 - 871K
    image.jpeg
    2592 x 1944 - 838K
    image.jpeg
    2592 x 1944 - 868K
  • newpylongnewpylong expert

??? The sheaves are brand new, the bullwheel liner looks fine as does the comm line. 
    newpylong said:

??? The sheaves are brand new, the bullwheel liner looks fine as does the comm line. 

I agree that the lift looks like it's well maintained. I think the flash from the camera makes it seem more rundown.
    - Sam
  • joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert
    newpylong said:

Don't know how you can tell that from the photo. What I see on the tower is rust - and a lot of it.
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    A great pictured report thanks
  • mapnutmapnut expert
    "Pump tracks" - AKA bike moguls?
  • newpylongnewpylong expert

newpylong said:

Don't know how you can tell that from the photo. What I see on the tower is rust - and a lot of it.
    That is very minimal surface rust where the zinc has worn off galv steel. As for the rest, when you've been involved in replacing it, you know what to look for. Plus, I know for a fact Sunapee has a very qualified lift staff.
    mapnut said:

"Pump tracks" - AKA bike moguls?

pretty much
    - Sam
  • JonniJonni intermediate
    Looks like my paint job on the tip deflector in that terminal is holding up pretty well :) Re-painted that back when I worked there probably a good 6 years ago now.