T-bar Construction Race

TomWhiteTomWhite advanced
in NELSAP Forum Posts: 452
I posted a full article under Waterville yesterday, perhaps we can have some fun 'betting on a race'.

Do we have a T-bar construction race in New England! Burk, Whaleback and late comers Saddleback and Waterville are in the game. Sunday River (and Gould) have handed in their cards and plan to build next year.
The video on ropeways (same as WV site) says the High Country double is under going regular pre-season prep. Hum??

Here's my guess on order of finish:
1. Burke
2. Whaleback
3. Saddleback
4. Waterville

Comments

• ciscokidciscokid expert
    Why no wonder Ibrake4tbars is so whelmed up for this upcoming season and I get to enjoy the exuberant contributor in January such a great time anticipated
  • newpylongnewpylong expert
    edited October 18 Posts: 531
    The private owner of High Pond VT is putting in a new Leitner Poma T-bar. Now thats some nice spare change.
  • obienickobienick expert
    What does a new one go for these days? We see used ones go for $100-150k
    $350K+ for a new shorty like 1500 length.
    edited October 19 Posts: 531
    Whaleback's T-Bar is being installed a week from today. Towers and terminals.
    newpylong said:

Whaleback's T-Bar is being installed a week from today. Towers and terminals.

Now THIS I’m looking forward to witnessing!
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited October 20 Posts: 1,687
    Come on over to the East side and I will bring the eclairs. Hell yeah, I'll even buy the beer for current SJers.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    ski_it said:

Come on over to the East side and I will bring the eclazirs. Hell yeah, I'll even buy the beer for current SJers.

Now that’s an offer I can’t refuse!
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Why no wonder Ibrake4tbars is so whelmed up for this upcoming season and I get to enjoy the exuberant contributor in January such a great time anticipated
    ski_it said:

Come on over to the East side and I will bring the eclairs. Hell yeah, I'll even buy the beer for current SJers.

Hey I get Ibrake4tbars in January, don't ruin it for me and Conrad.
    ski it you're still welcome to join us!
  • TomWhiteTomWhite advanced
    I may be interested in watching the work and meeting some other SJers. Is it next Wed. 10/25 for the work?
    TomWhite said:

I may be interested in watching the work and meeting some other SJers. Is it next Wed. 10/25 for the work?

Hope somebody takes pics and/or video of this. So curious how towers and crossbars can be set with accuracy so that the haul rope can be strung in essentially a straight line from bullwheel to bullwheel. 

IBRAKE
  • ski_itski_it expert
    Haven't seen it done, but gotta believe they use a transit or two to get the towers half way close, then adjust the cross bars later when they put the haul rope up.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    Prior to pouring the forms, they are secured in place while the surveyor is there. The towers are bolted on and the sheave trains can come in and out a little bit on the cross arms to accommodate some offset, but not a lot. The more offset things are the more wear and tear you're going to put on the liners and bearings.