Haystack Snowmaking

TomWhiteTomWhite advanced
in NELSAP Forum Posts: 493

In
a long article on new leadership, the DVN ends with a reference to snowmaking. Haystack is also :

With “dream team” in
place, Hermitage Club continues evolution

by Randy Capitani

One other thing that Barnes mentioned during
the discussion is that Mount Snow will no longer be tapping into Mirror Lake
for snowmaking water. With Mount Snow’s West Lake project slated to come on
line this winter, Haystack will have full access its own pond.

“That is 40 million gallons,” said Barnes. “That will really help our
snowmaking. We opened at Thanksgiving last year, which was a real bonus to our
members. We hope to do that again.”

With 40 million additional gallons of water in the bank, restructured financing
on the horizon, and the expanded management team in place, Barnes has millions
of reasons to be optimistic about the future of the Hermitage Club.

Read more: Deerfield Valley News - With dream team in place Hermitage
Club continues evolution

Comments

• DrJeffDrJeff advanced
    As I understood it, the water that Mount Snow withdrew from Mirror Lake, was rarely, if ever a limiting factor for the Hermitage and the capacity of their system. The springs that feed Mirror Lake are apparently of a flow rate that Mirror Lake refills naturally fairly quickly. Additionally given the Hermitage's Friday - Sunday only operating schedule Mount Snow tended to withdraw water from Mirror Lake at times when the Hermitage wasn't going to have their system effected. And lastly, the current capacity of the Hermitage's system isn't that large
  • mtsnow123mtsnow123 advanced
    DrJeff said:

As I understood it, the water that Mount Snow withdrew from Mirror Lake, was rarely, if ever a limiting factor for the Hermitage and the capacity of their system. The springs that feed Mirror Lake are apparently of a flow rate that Mirror Lake refills naturally fairly quickly. Additionally given the Hermitage's Friday - Sunday only operating schedule Mount Snow tended to withdraw water from Mirror Lake at times when the Hermitage wasn't going to have their system effected. And lastly, the current capacity of the Hermitage's system isn't that large

Isn't everything at the Hermitage just to make it sound grandeous. A fellow engineer at my company says the fan guns they have at the resort are not necessary, but look great to customers.
  • newmannewman advanced
    They still have 80 ground air water KGuns as well as HKDs. Not necessary? Why? They use Techno M18s and T40s. IMHO, the best fan guns on the market. I doubt they just have them to look nice for the members.
  • newpylongnewpylong expert
    They use Baby Snow Giants not K guns there btw.