Ascutney to get a “new” Doppelmayr t-bar

in NELSAP Forum Posts: 957
http://mailchi.mp/b61caac7fdb2/big-lift-news-fundraising-update

The t-bar news in New England just keeps getting better! :D Okay, so it’s actually a donated, used lift but it’s new to Ascutney - and what a generous gift, too!

As I recall, the mid-mountain used to be served by Hall t-bars some decades ago. Pity the upper mountain no longer can be lift served.

Comments

• TomWhiteTomWhite advanced
    This is a wonderful way to resurrect or keep ski areas running for modest expense.
  • mapnutmapnut expert

The key is to being a fairly large, but non-profit organization. Most NELSAP areas either were mom-and-pop areas that expired when mom and pop did, or areas that overspent and got into debt trouble. Areas that had no snowmaking but couldn't afford a low-snow season didn't last. An organization with no debt can get through a nearly snowless winter with nothing worse than disappointment. Ascutney will have some of those. "Wait 'til next year!"

(Hope that doesn't trigger any Red Sox fans.)

• newpylongnewpylong expert
    edited October 12 Posts: 531
    Good luck getting that thing in for only $125,000 unless it is in near new condition. There are only two "affordable" installers on the East Coast and neither will do it for that price if there is refurb involved.
  • mtsnow123mtsnow123 advanced
    newpylong said:

Good luck getting that thing in for only $125,000 unless it is in near new condition. There are only two "affordable" installers on the East Coast and neither will do it for that price if there is refurb involved.

Pro-bono?
  • newmannewman advanced
    Where is it coming from?
  • jaytremjaytrem intermediate
    According to newenglandskiindustry.com (aka rocket's site), it's coming from Le Relais in Quebec City.  It might be the very odd lift that was one half of a combined quad/t-bar. They removed two of them before last year to put in a six seater, so it could be a combo of the older one and the newer one that was attached to quad.  Hope it happens!!!

• ciscokidciscokid expert
    Ibrake4tbars!!!
    IMG_2722.JPG
    1000 x 750 - 143K
  • edited October 14 Posts: 957
    Do not mention Le Relais. I am still mourning the death of that Mueller t-bar. :(( :(( :((
    Well this may be in my Feb up plansimage
    IMG_2724.JPG
    320 x 240 - 55K
  • newpylongnewpylong expert
    that is a work of art
  • edited October 14 Posts: 957
    Where else but at Ski Brule do you find a Hall t-bar, classic Mueller double, and a centre pole Hall!
    edited October 14 Posts: 1,443
    I am thinking of driving separately by myself up to Bohemia and skiing Brule on the way down along with whitecap and who knows what else
    Cliff s Ridge or Marquette mountain looks interesting as well

I really want to ride all three of those lifts as pictured

And I believe there are 2T bars at Indianhead Ibrake4tbars!
    Of course you have a week of vacation coming to you in February do you not I break for T bars?
    ciscokid said:

Of course you have a week of vacation coming to you in February do you not I break for T bars?

Ski Brule is on my 2018 bucket list. That being said I likely will meld it with a quick weekend flight to Appleton and hit up Brule and Mt. Ripley in a weekend.

Planning on using a week in warmer climes.