Mysterious Lost Jump

NELSAPNELSAP advanced
in NELSAP Forum Posts: 184
All, maybe you can help identify this jump. It comes from Art Donahue, and it is labeled at "Bousquets", but we don't have any evidence of a jump like this at Bousquets. It is too big for the jump in the Pittsfield State Forest. Perhaps it was the jump in Greenfield MA or in Deerfield. Let me know if it looks familiar. It dates from 1950.
bosquetjump1950.jpg
1734 x 2210 - 763K

Comments

• skipro77skipro77 intermediate
    Definately too big for the jump at Pittsfield State Forest.  We used that when I was in high school.
  • NELSAPNELSAP advanced
    I should also preface that the jump may or may not be lost - we just don't know where it is from. 
  • rickbolgerrickbolger expert
    edited October 16 Posts: 1,120
    Just for giggles and grins, it might be Satre Hill in Salisbury CT, they held some kind of championship there in 1950.  

New York Times published a photo from that era that looks a bit like it, maybe not quite as big although that could be due to the angle/location of photographer....link 

Just for giggles and grins, it might be Satre Hill in Salisbury CT, they held some kind of championship there in 1950.  

New York Times published a photo from that era that looks a bit like it, maybe not quite as big although that could be due to the angle/location of photographer....link 

Nice find, that looks like it based upon the locations of trees.
    - Sam
  • NELSAPNELSAP advanced
    Rick, I think that may be it!

JD
  • rickbolgerrickbolger expert
    edited October 17 Posts: 1,120
    Maybe, I'm definitely not at 100% certainty 

What was the source of these photos?

I found newspaper coverage in the Berkshire Eagle (Pittsfield), sort of a round-up of regional ski conditions and the author discussed conditions at Satre Hill.  It was a big deal around that time.  (Still is, in some ways but not like it was)  

If this is a large format photo it might have been taken for a newspaper assignment, that could explain why it was marked with another name at a future date. 

If you have any insights as to where Mr. Donahue got the photo it would help us determine if Satre Hill is correct  

I also sent a note to Salisbury Winter Sports Assn. to see if they can confirm 
  • njskibabenjskibabe intermediate
    Bear Mountain, NY???