"Daddy's Home 2" Movie Filmed at Nashoba?

NELSAPNELSAP advanced
edited October 24 in NELSAP Forum Posts: 184
We were watching TV tonight, and a trailer for "Daddy's Home 2" came on - as I'm watching, they had a tubing/skiing scene - and I'm virtually positive it's from Nashoba - from the Outlook looking out on the slopes - see the picture with Mel Gibson. I googled the movie and it was filmed around Boston so I'imagem thinking that my hunch may be right. What do you think?
nashoba1.jpg
1080 x 608 - 67K

Comments

Looks like it
    - Sam
  • ski_itski_it expert

That's a switch. Usually it's Calif. or Utah filling in for Vermont in movies.

ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited October 25 Posts: 1,741

Ok if there is a screen shot of the fireplace we can nail it. Because I have one of that too.

BTW they tube only on the other side of the mountain and it doesn't look like this.

Those birches on the left look similar.

Edit: Google Maps has street views all over inside the lodge. You can almost recreate this view from the movie IMHO.

2016.01.29 my pic

ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    2016_01_29 Nashoba (17) (1600x1200).jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 817K
    ski_it said:

Ok if there is a screen shot of the fireplace we can nail it. Because I have one of that too.

BTW they tube only on the other side of the mountain and it doesn't look like this.

Those birches on the left look similar.

Edit: Google Maps has street views all over inside the lodge. You can almost recreate this view IMHO.

That confirms it; look at the birches near the pine in the images to the left of the trail.
    - Sam
  • obienickobienick expert
    Yes. It was filmed at Nashoba. They rented out one of the spring weekdays this year.
  • JMaulJMaul advanced
    The log cabin rental was Great Barrington.

Screen shot of Nashoba imdb.com trailer.....

You ski because even if you don't do it well, it's still a blast....
    daddy 2 nashoba.jpg
    673 x 571 - 123K
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited October 25 Posts: 1,741

But...but...there's no tubing allowed on that side of the mountain! ;) ;)

Perhaps that's why Nashoba doesn't advertise it as being shot there as they may think it could negatively impact their tubing business. Like, some people who can't separate movies from real life could see that and say that's real dangerous I'm never going tubing there.

• bmwskierbmwskier advanced
    They used Holiday Valley, Ellicottville, and East Aurora for "Christmas in Vermont" last year. I think the only "Vermont" i see in the entire move is a shot of what i think is Stowe. 

"Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump