What pass(es) did you buy for 2017-18?

ciscokidciscokid expert
edited October 30 in NELSAP Forum Posts: 1,487
I went back a few pages and could not find the thread but will start another one.

What pass or passes did you buy for this coming season. I just bought what they call a white gold Michigan pass for $269 which entitles me to one day at 34 areas in Michigan. Included a ski tuneup which I desperately needed

Comments

• mtsnow123mtsnow123 advanced
    • Epic Pass (got it for Stowe, and hopefully a trip or two out West) ($839 before tax)
    • Bolton Valley Ski Area season pass ($189 before tax)
    • Mount Snow Season Pass ($399 before tax)
  • TreillyTreilly advanced
    Caberfae Peaks weekend season pass
  • trackbikertrackbiker intermediate
    edited October 30 Posts: 97
    • Ski Vermont 3Pass $130
    • 6X's Blue Mountain weekday pass ($115) From a special deal for a local private academy ski club that doesn't have enough students to get the deal so Blue lets them open it up to non students to make the number.
    • WNEP Ski Card ($99) Good at Whiteface, Jack Frost/Big Boulder, Ski Shawnee, Big Bear, Mountain Creek, Sawmill, and Swain. Figure I'll use it at 4 areas, minimum 3 areas.
    I'm not likely to buy too many other deals this season. Likely a Montage ticket if they have a CBS Local deal or similar.
    I got a season pass to Whaleback which includes discounts at other mountains and all of the benefits of the Freedom Pass.
    - Sam
  • 4aprice4aprice intermediate
    Max Pass and Camelback Super Pass.  Can't travel every weekend hence the Camelback Pass but it includes 1st tracks from 7:30 - 8:30 every weekend morning so a whole days worth of skiing can be done by 11:30 just as the true silliness commences. (never travel on one of the holidays wk/wkends so its useful)  Max we will use for a couple of day trips to the Catskills, but mostly weekends up in NY/VT and NH.  Will hit Gore, Okemo, Stratton and Loon for sure, hopefully Pico and Sunapee, and save Killington tickets for the spring.  2 trips out west hitting Winter Park, Copper and hopefully Steamboat again in Colorado and Brighton and Solitude in Utah.  Max also includes 5 at Mountain Creek so maybe get together with some banana belt  SJer's and have some fun with a little Camelback/Mountain Creek competition (Up for that Rick Bolger?) 50 days is the aim for goal.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
  • RemskiRemski advanced
    Just a season pass at Ragged and will ski anywhere else for a discount.
  • rickbolgerrickbolger expert
    edited October 31 Posts: 1,120
    Max Pass.  Yes up for midweek nights at Creek!  No weekends.  Mountain Creek + weekend = No Fun.  It's a lot like Camelback on weekends.  
    :D

Unsure of other plans; hoping to use enough to make worthwhile.

This is the first season since 2009 that I actually bought some type of pass.   Normally I follow Trackbiker's lead and approach the season with a wad of vouchers, two-fers, punch cards, black market Warren Miller numbers, and coupons.  There's something to be said for that, believe me it's more fun and compelling to do it that way vs. a pass.

Nice thing about the pass is I can go any weekend, no blackouts, and I can roll into places like Killington and Okemo any time with zero concern for the cost.
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited October 31 Posts: 1,741
    ciscokid said:

I went back a few pages and could not find the thread but will start another one.

What pass or passes did you buy for this coming season. I just bought what they call a white gold Michigan pass for $269 which entitles me to one day at 34 areas in Michigan. Included a ski tuneup which I desperately needed

Wow that sounds like a great deal but I have to ask what's a  "3 hot was sessions" listed here in the first paragraph:http://www.goskimichigan.com/michigan-ski-programs/white-gold-card

ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • 4aprice4aprice intermediate
    edited October 31 Posts: 52
    The Camelback/Mountain Creek thing would certainly be a weekday thing.   I can take CBK on the weekend with 1st tracks and quitting when necessary but I know where your coming from.  I hope to get there for afternoon sessions as I'm not a huge fan of the lights anywhere.
    Max is pretty convenient.  Maybe you'll get to see why I'm such a fan of RFID, as a couple of places you can just stuff the pass in your pocket and get on the lift.  Had a great time at Winter Park last year where we were able to park in the trail side lot we wanted to and just skied down to the lift.  We really enjoyed the variety east and west.
    Alex
    Lake Hopatcong,NJ

• ski_itski_it expert
    edited October 31 Posts: 1,741

I don't have one but a friend who has already skied 2 weekends at A-basin, just sent me this info. It seems there a quite a number of epic deals on different Epic Passes.

"This  deals end Nov. 19th so act fast. This new 4 day lift deal for Vail- brings it down to $91  day but it is non transferable.  Our pass walk up in Jan. is $154 so this is a good deal if you want to spend 4 days there and it is good all season long.

2017-18 EPIC 4-DAY PASS PRICING

The Epic 4-Day is valid for four days (total, not at each resort) at the following resorts: Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Park City, Heavenly, Northstar, Kirkwood and Arapahoe Basin.

Plus, four days at Afton Alps, Mt. Brighton,and Wilmot. There are no blackout dates; it is valid all days of the 17/18 winter season.

BOOK NOW TO LOCK IN THESE PRICES:
    •Adult - $459  (ages 13 and older at the time of purchase)

•Child - $249  (ages five to 12 at the time of purchase)
    There is no Senior, Teen or Youth Price."

ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    I like when they bring it down to $91 a day sounds like a great deal heck you can get a weekend season pass here in the flatlands for that price at the Caberfae. But anyway it includes three hot wax sessions ski it.

As far as Camelback is concerned, I had a great New Year's morning there with track biker a few years back and I had no problems and as I recall the time there on a Saturday back in oh wait I didn't have any issues either so what's not complain boys and girls 2008 December
  • ChuckstahChuckstah advanced
    I have the Peak pass only for this season, so far.  Hoping for a bunch of days at Wildcat and Crotched, with a few at Mt Snow and Attitash..  And maybe a day or 2 at Hunter for a new to me area.  In addition, I'll likely pick up a Fox 44 Ski Card to add variety, and a Killington spring pass for late season if the spring ski season looks long.  
  • ski_itski_it expert
    We have Peak Passes so there will be ample time for Tedede to pay off his bet. I'm calling the end of season for T-bar installs as March 1st ....
  • NELSBEERNELSBEER advanced
    edited November 2 Posts: 259
    Good news Ski_it had my first draft Rocket Fuel of the season last weekend at the Ski sale in the Crotched base lodge... Ummm good. They also had a Baxter selection hooked up.  Bar manager says they are bringing back Henniker Working Man's Porter and SHED Mountain Brown as well. Some things are shaping up well for the season!

Back to the subject Peak Passes for me and skiing family. Between this and Cannon free weekdays (NH Senior) I can stay pretty well entertained. Are there any special deals for 70+ olds (vs. 60-65)? just left my 60's in the rearview mirror.