What is the first chairlift you rode and is it still around

13»

Comments

• obienickobienick expert
    Those '80s Dopp double chairs are also quite narrow.
  • trackbikertrackbiker advanced
    JimK said:

First place I skied was Blue Knob, PA in 1967, but I can't remember if my first chair lift ride occurred during that visit or at another ski area at a later time.  If not the first, this main double chair at Blue Knob was close to my first chair ride in 1967 or 68 and it's still operating.

Cool chair. Still has a midstation too.
  • ADKskierADKskier advanced
    Well to correct my posting on my first ride and still standing is this double at snow ridge it was in 1995' not sure the make or model.
    ~Rich~
    snow ridge.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 119K
  • lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    edited November 22 Posts: 823
    obienick said:

obienick said:

That is still a large dude...
    edited November 22 Posts: 268
    Went from a Grammar class to fat bashing....you guys are on point this week.  ;))
    ~Rich~
    ADKskier said:

Went from a Grammar class to fat bashing....you guys are on point this week.

I just said large. No bashing here, just stating the facts that he appears larger than most. Better than bashing Tenney
    X_X
    ~Rich~
    fat.jpg
    500 x 367 - 48K
  • newmannewman advanced
    Skiers in football jackets? I thought that only was a thing at Mountain Creek or Hunter. ^#(^
    ADKskier said:

X_X

now that's a sight...(shudder)
    newman said:

Skiers in football jackets? I thought that only was a thing at Mountain Creek or Hunter.

newman said:

Skiers in football jackets? I thought that only was a thing at Mountain Creek or Hunter.

Height of fashion the few times I have skied in PA and in OH.

Either The Province Double @ Sunapee, gone, and replaced with a quad, or the Gunshy Double @ Gunstock, also gone, thought it's ghost has persisted on maps for a mighty long time.

The Gunshy double is alive and well at Song Mt in Tully, NY. It even retained its original name!
  • z1000307470z1000307470 advanced
    newman said:

Skiers in football jackets? I thought that only was a thing at Mountain Creek or Hunter. ^#(^

In the 1980s, VT was awash with Steelers Starter jackets worn by PA skiers.
  • TomWhiteTomWhite advanced
    My first chair ride was either at Hidden Valley or Seven Springs in PA early 60's. If it was HV, it was a double where their twin triples are now. If it was SS, it was the Wagner double, that is a quad now. Two other early chair rides (both doubles)were at Bear Rocks (near SS) and Plateau Demont (near HV). Not only are the chairs gone, the resorts are no more. I rode the twin main doubles at Blue Knob that JimK shows (one), but they weren't first.
  • bmwskierbmwskier advanced
    When I night patrolled, there were a lot of Bills jackets, Sabres jackets and other sports jackets out there. 
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump