Mt. Snow, Vermont Nov 15 2017
A perfect first day of the season at Mt. Snow!
Weather was ideal - upper 20's to start, mid 30's in the afternoon, plenty of sunshine. No real wind. No crowds either - all chairs ski on. I was very impressed by what was open so early in the season - something for everybody. 11 trails open with wall to wall coverage and no ice or bare spots. Their snowmaking investment sure paid off!
1. Used a shortcut for the first time to get there from Route 9 west of Wilmington instead of going up Route 100 - saved 6 miles and about 12 minutes of driving, a significant improvement.
2. Liftopia tickets were $39.
3. Like the bubbles at Okemo, the Bluebird is one heck of an awesome lift - fast, comfortable and spacious.
4. Midwinter trail conditions in mid-November was quite a treat!
5. The newly widened Long John trail is a whole new experience - a great way for novices to enjoy a wider trail from the summit, with beautiful views.
6. The Bullwheel Tavern at the summit lodge was a great place to stop for lunch - and they had Hill Farmstead beer on tap, making it all that much better. Menu was limited as it was early season though.
7. The new Carinthia lodge is taking shape.
8. River Run - although it's just a connector to the North Face, it's a decent intermediate trail in its own right with some fun dips and curves.
Look forward to getting back there again sometime soon.
960 x 540 - 74K
960 x 540 - 130K
960 x 540 - 73K
960 x 540 - 100K
800 x 450 - 81K
800 x 450 - 70K
612 x 612 - 80K